Sign in to follow this  

XR 200 Fork Caps Interchangeability

Hey guys,

I am redoing the forks on an '88 XR200R I picked up. The upper fork cap bolts were stripped out bad and I had to drill them out to get them off. Now I need replacements. I found these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160674670636?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

which are for earlier models:

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-90127-437-770.html

but couldn't find other ones that weren't $45+ per cap. The part number for the correct cap is: 51450-kko-004

The old one's in the ebay add don't have the Schraeder valve but will they fit my newer forks? I'm not sure on fork diameter, thread pitch and that sort of thing. I can' handle not having the air valve to bleed them, I would just have to take the weight off the forks and bleed them by unscrewwing the cap.

Any help with saving some dough here is much appreciated, thanks!!!!

Aaron C.

I have a set of forks from a 87 xr250 you can have, the seals are bad but they are complete. If you only need the caps and if you think these will fit I could pull them. Semd me a PM, I don't usally look at the xr page.

CRFPOOR,

Well, it looks like your fork caps are a different part number: 51450-KT1-671

I sure do appreciate the offer but unless someone else knows for sure they will fit, I will have to pass. Thanks again and I'll definetely be in touch otherwise!

Aaron C.

Widen your search for the 51450-kk0-004 caps, they are also used on the 84-85 XR200R forks. The XR200R forks used the same caps from 84-02, actually the same forks 84-02 with some part number changes thru the years.

The early 200R forks were 35mm, the 84-02 are 36mm, the 250R forks are larger in diameter.

Widen your search for the 51450-kk0-004 caps, they are also used on the 84-85 XR200R forks. The XR200R forks used the same caps from 84-02, actually the same forks 84-02 with some part number changes thru the years.

The early 200R forks were 35mm, the 84-02 are 36mm, the 250R forks are larger in diameter.

Chuck,

Well not exactly good news for me but that really educates me on where I need to be looking. I knew somebody on here had this knowledge. Thanks a lot for the help!:lol:

Aaron C.