Unfortunately it is time to part with my beloved DRZ/KLX 450 and bikes in general

As some of you probably have seen my bike in previous threads. I bought a KLX 400R a little over a year ago to build a bullet proof Dual sport weapon out of. Well I did it. Spent way too much money doing it but that was alright. Wouldn't you know it, just after it was complete I was injured at work. Well I have been told by the DR. and the Wife that I will no longer ride dirt bikes for at least a year or two if ever. But worse than that I might not return to my job as a Firefighter witch I love. So my loss will be all of your gain. I would love to see it go whole. I just dont think anyone would want a 2003 for thirty five so I will begin tearing it apart as I can and when I can get help doing so. i am, well stuck in bed most of the time. I did post up an add previously and got some good response but was unable to tear the bike apart before going under the knife. So I am sorry for those of you who wanted it then. A big thank you to all of you for your help building one bad a$$ bike. Especially Eddie for his work on the machine. Hopefully one day I will be able to ride a bike or at least a Razor xp. I will miss the dirt too much. And to the Mods this is not an add but a eulogy for the good times on the KLX. garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=95370

Im sorry you have to quit riding. You have quite a nice bike there. What a shame it will possibly be parted out. Thanks for your service as a firefighter too. Hope you make a full recovery and get back to the trails soon!

Really sad to hear that. Thanks for your service and sacrifice as a firefighter. I'm looking for an IMS 3.2 for my DRZ 400S in black or natural. If that's what you've got there, and you decide to part it out. Shoot me a note and we'll talk about it.

Best of luck,

- Manny

That's a bummer but hopefully everything works out in the end. Hope the best for you with a speedy recovery and for you to be back at your job you love performing. Fingers crossed and keep your head up and look at the positive and bright side of things always! I'm an aspiring firefighter as well and hoping for the Fdny but that's another story by itself. All bull crap

If you do decide to part with it, lemme know cause from picture it looks like your have a seat concept seat? Plus I'd be interested in the bars and clamps if there straight and no bends. Shoot me a pm if your interested. Thank you

-Zach

sorry to hear about your injury, Get well soon, thanks for all you do as a Firefighter. I think you should keep the bike,use it as a motivational tool to heal and recover beyond anyones expectations..

+1

If you don't need the money, hang on to it and work toward the day you can ride it again.

I'm really sorry to hear about that.....the bike is a bike, and tho you loved the build and the bike itself, you can always repeat it later on. If riding defined a piece of you, then it always will.....you can always replace the bike for that.

Focus on healing up, getting stronger, and getting better. The bikes will always be there, so long as you're up for it.

Good luck!

As some of you probably have seen my bike in previous threads. I bought a KLX 400R a little over a year ago to build a bullet proof Dual sport weapon out of. Well I did it. Spent way too much money doing it but that was alright. Wouldn't you know it, just after it was complete I was injured at work. Well I have been told by the DR. and the Wife that I will no longer ride dirt bikes for at least a year or two if ever. But worse than that I might not return to my job as a Firefighter witch I love. So my loss will be all of your gain. I would love to see it go whole. I just dont think anyone would want a 2003 for thirty five so I will begin tearing it apart as I can and when I can get help doing so. i am, well stuck in bed most of the time. I did post up an add previously and got some good response but was unable to tear the bike apart before going under the knife. So I am sorry for those of you who wanted it then. A big thank you to all of you for your help building one bad a$$ bike. Especially Eddie for his work on the machine. Hopefully one day I will be able to ride a bike or at least a Razor xp. I will miss the dirt too much. And to the Mods this is not an add but a eulogy for the good times on the KLX. garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=95370

mmmm, i dunno man, i'd drain the tank, carbs, fill the crankcase fully with oil, put a "DO NOT FLY UNTIL..." tape over the key hole, gas cap and oil filler... and wait...

stuff can change in an instant, you could be road worthy again.

if you like tinkering more than riding, exploit it for profit...start a small business/shop and do it. see the light, right the light. good luck .

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Like some of you said, I could keep it. I don't have to get rid of it but it is a shame to waist it just sitting there. It will be a minimum of 18-24 months before I can even think about riding and then I will have to convince the wife to let me and risk injury. Probably should not do it anyway. Personally I would rather not look at it if I cant ride it. I can always build another type of toy to get me into the wilderness anyway. I am thinking a rock crawling buggy might be fun for a while.

I regret not meeting up sooner and riding before all this transpired. Like others have said, maybe you can keep for once you're healed up. Shoot I'll even come down and ride it every once in a while to get the cobwebs out of it :banghead: Maybe we can still meet up and grab a beer sometime??

God Speed on your recovery.

Keep your hopes up. In 2000 I was in a bad car accident; broke my hip, a through and through fracture of the pelvis, lower back and sacrum. Seat belt cut me open; lost some intestines and collapsed both lungs and finally a closed-head injury that put me in a coma for 36 days. Several years and many infections, surgeries and rehab visits later I was well enough to ride-so well in fact that I broke my leg riding on New Year's Day this year!

I'd wait if I were you until there was no way possible.

If you want, PM me and I'll send you a photo that once you see I guarantee will give you hope.

+1

If you don't need the money, hang on to it and work toward the day you can ride it again.

? I agree after several racing injuries, my recovery time was spent thinking how soon i can get back to my life long love of riding. Hold on to your bike it will motivate you to heal up quicker. Once a rider always a rider. Keep it on one wheel (As soon as you can). Green Bikes are Cool ? Mitch