Sign in to follow this  

Steering shakes above 65mph

Hi everyone!

Since rebuilding my DR350SE I am having a small problem..

Above speeds of 100 Km/h, that is approx 65 mph there is a shake on the steering, that makes me feel very uncomfortable, so I have to slow down..

The bike runs Bridgestone Gritty ED663/668 enduro tires, which are quite knobby, but I had the same tires on my DR250S without experiencing such problems…

I even took off the front fender, to see if that was causing the shake, but nothing changed?

Anyone has any clue of what it could be or has experienced something similar?

I am thinking of the suspension or the steering stem (less probably) but how can I check it?

The suspension was taken apart, cleaned, and new seals and oil were put during the rebuilt.

Thanks!

I answered you over on adv and I think that maybe the cure.

Wheel balancing is the first place to start with front end issues , it is cheap and easy to do .

It could be many other things like the bead on the tire not seated properly or even forks sticking a little or misaligned.

Good luck either way, I think it will be a simple fix.

You can also try lowering the forks a bit in the triple clamps... increase the rake.

Jesse

It could be a lot of different things that makes the bike wobbly. What the others have said and then check the bearings, steering and both wheels. Put a finger beneath the upper triple clamp and pull on the brake lever rock the bike and check for play. Put the bike on a stand getting both wheels of the ground. Grab the wheels at 20 to 2 and check for play. Check rear swingarm bearings grab it and check for play. Check for loose spokes.