Make way for clean energy!!!

Yep and Us Mojave residences have to look at those stupid things, a lot of them have

annoying red flashing lights on them at night now.

The one you are standing on is most likely on private property, The ones

on public lands are the ones that we should fight.

Public lands belong to us, not energy companies, and if we are not allowed to

ride in sensitive areas, it sure as hell does not make sense build energy projects

in these areas.

Its going to be an interesting battle these next few years as the mandates

get closer, and the energy companies will not deliver on these mandates

Case in point, we lost Barstow to Vegas race in the last major desert protection

act via Cranston/Dianne Fienstien, but they are building to major solar plants near Primm NV

on the California side....on BLM managed lands

Oxymoronism at its best

Wayne

Yep and Us Mojave residences have to look at those stupid things, a lot of them have

annoying red flashing lights on them at night now.

What the hell is up with those lights, saw that driving home from Cal City . . . wasn't sure if it's the energy co's verision of Xmas lights and they felt the need to decorate the dez for the holiday or if that was so planes don't crash or what but sure was a weird sight. They all go on and off at the same time even.

...The one you are standing on is most likely on private property, The ones

on public lands are the ones that we should fight...

The land in question is checkerboard BLM / Private, but in this instance you're likely correct. One major issue however is ingress.

They've plowed desert and built roads to this private property to move this shit in (these god-damn things are HUGE up close). They even have public access roads gated and locked!

It's ass-clown-ity

The land in question is checkerboard BLM / Private, but in this instance you're likely correct. One major issue however is ingress.

They've plowed desert and built roads to this private property to move this shit in (these god-damn things are HUGE up close). They even have public access roads gated and locked!

It's ass-clown-ity

IMOH, The power companies have completely destroyed that entire area

10x worse that us bikers or any type of OHV could ever have. There

are pads for those things and power corridors chris-crossing that whole area

to the point of much worse of damage we could ever cause.

The companies also say they contribute to the local economy with jobs

and such, and that is a pile of BS, If you look how they build those windmills

they are built out of state, Brought in by train, stored at Mojave airport

some of the towers are imported from other countries, and they are

assembled on site by outta state union labor

Mojave is slowly going under, just look at how many food places have closed

this year alone, Grazianos, KFC, Taco Bell may be next. The only thing

holding this town together at the moment is the aerospace industry, and

that is what is keeping me barely afloat.

Wayne

• Like 1

On a side note. I tried with DWP to get a job working on those things. I know a guy that worked on them, he was from Frazier Park. DWP paid him to live in a hotel in Tehachapi during the week and work on these things. I know more about power generation and transmission than anyone on their crew and don't have a problem with heights, yet was unable to even get an interview. They only want the idiots that DWP brings up, and when they can't fix them they call in independent union contractors from out of state to do their job. The view going south into Mojave on the 14 is one out of some sort of sci-fi show like alien or even transformers .....pretty friggen ugly

On a side note. I tried with DWP to get a job working on those things. I know a guy that worked on them, he was from Frazier Park. DWP paid him to live in a hotel in Tehachapi during the week and work on these things. I know more about power generation and transmission than anyone on their crew and don't have a problem with heights, yet was unable to even get an interview. They only want the idiots that DWP brings up, and when they can't fix them they call in independent union contractors from out of state to do their job. The view going south into Mojave on the 14 is one out of some sort of sci-fi show like alien or even transformers .....pretty friggen ugly

YES! but it is renewable and without it the sky would simply fall. ?

It's a renewable energy landscape. Learn to like it!?

YES! but it is renewable and without it the sky would simply fall. ?

It's a renewable energy landscape. Learn to like it!?

Uh, yea........I don't think so. Maybe learn how to tie 20 treehuggers to the tips of each one of these and see how long they last. Now that's something I could learn to like:p

You have to be real close to see a trail on the side of a hill... and that's too visible for the Eco-nutz. Yet I can see these windmills from 5 miles out littering up the scene scape. There is no argument that makes sense FOR windmills. But when GOV funds it and controls the land it will get built... with our public land... and with our tax dollars... over all our objections. It's disgusting.

I have gotten so sick of all of society's nonsense that I never got around to hooking up TV service after we moved to the desert in June. We have Netflix and a mail lady that keeps my movie fix going. I am the LAST stop on her route on the way to no-where. We have not seen one crap TV Show... not one News show... and best of all I haven't heard an Obama lie for 6 MONTHS. It is wonderful. I recommend it to everyone... no matter where you live !

What gets me, Is why after 20-30 years FAA, did not require these on the ones

up further on the ridge in the first place? This is something that has just recently

been done to annoy us residences

Good point wayne!I think beacause the new turbines are 2-3 taller than the older ones they have to have those friggin annoying aviation lights on em.Dont feel to bad as I have one turbine earmarked a few football fields away from my property and upwind on prevailing winds so not only do I have see the lights up close but I have to listen to them as well and believe me the DO make noise in my once very quite rural property!! I'm pissed off,but how you going to fight billions of dollars!You have not seen anything yet the master plan is to have em from 180th W of rosamond all the way to jawbon/cal city.check the kern co. planning site on the upcoming planned wind projects in the area,and the solar projects too.Another interesting note is most of,if not all the power is going to L.A. co so we have to look at these POSits while we get nothing!but eye/earsore! And the wackos were worried about a little singletrack!beyond hypocritical,laughable!! Money grab for Kern Co tax coiffers that we will have to live with for the rest of our lives:banghead:

http://www.co.kern.ca.us/planning/noticeprep.asp

• Like 1

My suspicion is that these projects are nothing more than an excuse to launder tax money. Buy up / lease a bunch of land, ship in a bunch of turbines from across the country, erect them, fence them off, push a couple of buttons, etc...

Actual cost - maybe $3 million a piece (just a blind guess)

Paid with tax-payer funded subsidies - maybe $5 million a piece.

Throw up 50 of these things for a titty little profit of $100 million dollars....

Evidence - absolutely none. Just my gut...

Too much $$ being thrown around with little or no oversight.

It's a green welfare scam - I'm not buying it...

They probably have power lines coming IN to the area to carry power to light those red beacons. You wouldn't want to use the wind generated power to do it because it might cause the net power generation total to go negative. I doubt that the total output of all the turbines is enough to replace even one small gas fired or coal power plant.

If you thought they were ugly enough now wait until they have to put huge screens on them to keep from killing birds that fly thru them.

Too much $$ being thrown around with little or no oversight.

It's all about money. Pure and simple. If green stickers were $100,000 per year renewable, and there were thousands of users waiting in line for their Green Stickers, we'd have single track going thru the San Fernando Valley up to the PCT, out thru the desert, up to B.Bear, thru downtown Palm Springs, over the Mtns to the beach (OHV ONLY beach of course) in San Diego, with a looparound back thru the OC and downtown LA -- All guarded to make sure no hikers or equestrians got on it. ?

It's all about the green - and I don't mean the green environment.

My company is involved with adding an additional power line between Moorpark and Thousand Oaks right next to an existing powerline. The job just got shut down due to ONE person (enviromentalist) who filed a lawsuit.

Aren't there any attorneys who ride dirtbikes? That's what we need.