Make way for clean energy!!!

Yeah, I was working the Bay Area and cruised by the now shut down palacialness of Solyndra. This is the same tax and spend payola game politicians have been playing for decades. Clean coal, windmills, hybrids, plug ins, LEDs, CFL's, solar panels, all made in China and Europe on borrowed dollars. So much for green jobs. Meanwhile, the rest of the world is burning coal and dumping carbon so fast we cannot even measure it.

C'mon guys your complaints the environment being destroyed ring a bit hollow?. We all know that if they were drilling for oil or mowing down the mountains for coal you'd be celebrating and praising the job-creating, national-security improving aspects of the project. Why's no one on this board talking about the military expanding over johnson valley and lucerne. Let the tomato throwing commence!

C'mon guys your complaints the environment being destroyed ring a bit hollow ?. We all know that if they were drilling for oil or mowing down the mountains for coal you'd be celebrating and praising the job-creating, national-security improving aspects of the project. Why's no one on this board talking about the military expanding over johnson valley and lucerne. Let the tomato throwing commence!

I'm pretty sure no one here supports closing down riding areas in the name of the environment and then building any kind of massive energy project. It's just the irony of the fact that it is supposed "clean" energy.?

C'mon guys your complaints the environment being destroyed ring a bit hollow?. We all know that if they were drilling for oil or mowing down the mountains for coal you'd be celebrating and praising the job-creating, national-security improving aspects of the project. Why's no one on this board talking about the military expanding over johnson valley and lucerne. Let the tomato throwing commence!

Huh? Where the hell have you been? CORVA, BRC, AMA to name just a few have been fighting this thing and we have yet to hear just what is going to happen........as if there is a question on if the Marines are going to get their way.?? This is just another one of the moronic, put it up our a$$es things that are going on that have a life right now. None of this matters to anyone but us, yet we still can't get enough votes to get these YAHOOS out of office. There should be something that shows how you vote.......I just can't believe that everyone out there that likes to recreate with some sort of motorized vehicle and has half a brain to understand what they are spending money on........Can't they see these politicians are nothing more than money grubbing low lifes that are sold to the highest bidder. Don't allow them to have more than 2 terms in office and don't give them a pension......and if you take a bribe you go to jail for 25 years......see how many of them run for office. aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh rant over:foul:

Don't allow them to have more than 2 terms in office and don't give them a pension......and if you take a bribe you go to jail for 25 years......see how many of them run for office. aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh rant over:foul:

Change that to 1 six year term, NO pension, and they permanently have to use the same health insurance we do if they ever take office. That should do it......?

Change that to 1 six year term, NO pension, and they permanently have to use the same health insurance we do if they ever take office. That should do it......?

A funny picture came to mind.... Gov Moon Beam, Diane Fuglystien and Babwa "you can call me congressman" Botoxer all sitting in the ER, waiting in line to see a Doc in training.

Because this isn’t a JV thread – there are plenty of those already. And as far as JV is concerned, last I heard that dye was cast before anyone even bothered to let the public know about it…

The supreme irony in the case of the wind turbines being installed in this very area is the fact that environmentalists have been trying to get riding shut down here for years. Yet in roll the turbines without so much as a whisper. If dirt bikes were destroying the desert, as so many have claimed, well then these things are an extinction-level-event-tortoise-raping holocaust!

Because this isn’t a JV thread – there are plenty of those already. And as far as JV is concerned, last I heard that dye was cast before anyone even bothered to let the public know about it…

The supreme irony in the case of the wind turbines being installed in this very area is the fact that environmentalists have been trying to get riding shut down here for years. Yet in roll the turbines without so much as a whisper. If dirt bikes were destroying the desert, as so many have claimed, well then these things are an extinction-level-event-tortoise-raping holocaust!

The real irony is the enviros dont want them either...and they are the ones

who lobbied our government to go green in the first place, I kid you not

The ones up in the closed area of Jawbone, the Sierra club staged a protest

as they broke ground, As I said earlier its Oxy-Moronism at its best

Wayne

• Like 1

Hmmm.... I did not know that.

Not that I like the things any more than I did before, but it is a bit of a consolation prize knowing that the Sierra Club is pissed off!?

EDIT: So Wayne, is there any correlation whatsoever with the recent enforcement of the 1986 closures and the installation of the turbines. I'd love to know that the CBD suing the BLM is what helped pave the way for some of these installations. Just wishful thinking on my part, but It'd be great if the CBD was at least partly responsible for this shit...

With Fienstien setting aside so much wilderness land there is only so much desert left to ride on. The wind and Solar companies want whats left in the desert. It sucks. Went to Cal City to ride over Thanksgiving for the 1st time and saw all these creepy red blinking lights at night. It is really to bad.

I would guess the lawsuit thing, The CBD and others are going to be loosing their bite

Their lawyers have been runnin for the hills and the funding is running dry.

It will be interesting to see what is filed next, The head of the Sierra club has just

stepped down. And new desert protection legislation is stalled for this year

If we get a president with a freggen brain between his ears next year, that may

just save JV, because we are broke as a nation and a land grab or that proportion

may just have too high of a price tag

Wayne

It's great some of the loss of funding, executives and reduced work force in the eco nazi DOT-ORGs. Sadly it is probably only as long lasting as our current down economy... and I am sure many PRO RIDING DOT-ORGs have the same issues at this time.

I think it will just stall the fight for a couple years for those of us that can even afford to ride in this economy. I guess only time will tell.

Edited by BOLT Performance

I have gotten so sick of all of society's nonsense that I never got around to hooking up TV service after we moved to the desert in June. We have Netflix and a mail lady that keeps my movie fix going. I am the LAST stop on her route on the way to no-where. We have not seen one crap TV Show... not one News show... and best of all I haven't heard an Obama lie for 6 MONTHS. It is wonderful. I recommend it to everyone... no matter where you live !

+1 for this . Havent had cable in over two years and dont miss it one bit.

You have to be real close to see a trail on the side of a hill... and that's too visible for the Eco-nutz. Yet I can see these windmills from 5 miles out littering up the scene scape. There is no argument that makes sense FOR windmills. But when GOV funds it and controls the land it will get built... with our public land... and with our tax dollars... over all our objections. It's disgusting.

I have gotten so sick of all of society's nonsense that I never got around to hooking up TV service after we moved to the desert in June. We have Netflix and a mail lady that keeps my movie fix going. I am the LAST stop on her route on the way to no-where. We have not seen one crap TV Show... not one News show... and best of all I haven't heard an Obama lie for 6 MONTHS. It is wonderful. I recommend it to everyone... no matter where you live !

Wow Jeff welcome aboard. We have not had program TV for over 14 years. The only time I see the news or TV crap is when I visit my mom in orange. I have more movies than the library. Another good place to get a free movie I might add, if they don't have it, they order it in.?

This whole BLM/energy crap just pisses mehoff more. Thanks for sharing Mr. Neversurfaced. By the way, I have a new bike. ?

I have been actively fighting wind and solar projects for the past few years and the truth is that the whole high desert is at risk. The sad thing is that much of this is driven by large power companies looking for tax breaks. The .gov gives huge incentives to build new wind and solar plants, but there is no incentive for companies to replace the aging and non-functional units that already litter the landscape in Mojave, Palm Springs and Altamont Pass. Just drive through those areas and you will see hundreds of old, worn out, and non functioning wind machines, that will sit there for eternity......

The other side of the equation is the need for additional power transmission lines, which will close even more land to OHV use.

There is a group out in Yucca Valley called the Alliance for Responsible Energy that is fighting this as well. They are local citizens that have banded together to fight the building of additional power lines, and they are huge proponents of local solar and wind power. Just think of all of the huge rooftops in the LA basin. How many acres of solar panels could be put on top of those buildings? Way more than what is being proposed in the desert. And to top it off, that energy wouldn't have to be transported for miles and miles, with a huge loss ini transmission.

Of course, that's just common sense.............not that the .gov ever had any......