Sign in to follow this  

Head rebuild

Hey guys, I'm going to rebuild the head on my 09 250f as the valves have been shimmed a few times now so their past their peak, I bought the bike low hrs and got no idea when the guides or springs were changed last or if their still oem, would you guys change everything for new or would you just change the valves? And what's the procedure with the head? Do I need to send it away to get the seats checked or can i check it myself and then just stick the valves in and away I go?

I haven't had any luck with stock seats after recut and rebuild. I personally just had beryllium copper seats installed so all of that expensive head work will last and last. Next valve job will be a simple cut and vale replacement since I know the seats are insanely durable. Just thoughts.

I've never had any issues having the stock seats re-cut..

Might want to consider sending your head to mxtime.com Dave is great with heads..

as far as the springs goes.. Change them.. Anytime you replace valves you should replace the springs, collets, & retainers..

Dave@mxtime.com can do your whole head with SS valves for around 425.. if you want oem TI valves the price will be a little more..