Sign in to follow this  

2011 Texas Drought Pics (Lake Conroe)

Hey guys, I'm fortunate enough to have access to Lake Conroe and it is a great lake...when its full. Due to the drought, I have been able to ride my bike around the lake and have covered as much ground as possible and taken some pretty amazing pictures. Enjoy.

5e5dc13e.jpg

93b182b1.jpg

10597547.jpg

ee235476.jpg

6df6c102.jpg

d0f2b2c5.jpg

fbb2095c.jpg

bd0c547d.jpg

20424b6f.jpg

ae5d6819.jpg

a787d0b8.jpg

88525bf1.jpg

c182f407.jpg

b71c0d93.jpg

d493db96.jpg

a1c19037.jpg

d32c0fc8.jpg

e851e2ef.jpg

Amazing. Did you get any trouble for riding out there?

Amazing. Did you get any trouble for riding out there?

Nope...I actually ran into a cop crossing over one of the boat ramps and he said everything were doing is legal, but don't ride/go near the water and no trespassing. By trespassing he means don't go on or beneath anyones docks or property. Other than that, ride on!

WOW! i used to go there 30yrs ago,boy things have changed. nice pics though.

Would you mind if I posted the pics to facebook.com/TexasWaterConservation ? and if yes, who do I give credit to?

Yea by all means go ahead. Please credit to Chris Kerr, thanks.

That is a pretty serious drought. That must have been some fun riding/exploring.

That is a pretty serious drought. That must have been some fun riding/exploring.

As of today the lake is 8.1 ft below normal, which you can see is huge for this lake. I have been enjoying myself tho. I would say the total area I am able to ride on would add up to around 5-6 miles of shoreline/canals/lake beds. I'm currently in the process of building a mini track in a dried up cove. I've got some nice ruts going, I just need to incorporate some jumps.

Glad you guys are enjoying these. It just gives you a little insight as to how bad things are down here. Not much you can do about it other than take advantage of the situation. :lol:

Not sure exactly, but based on how big it was I'm thinking it was a carp or a crappie. I've got a size 13 foot and it was almost double that in length

That looks like some fun riding! Crazy pics. It was just the opposite over here in Idaho, everywhere was flooded.. Bad..

Up in Canada in the praires (Mid lower Canada close to us border) we have had more rain and snow in the last 3 years than on record in last 70 years or on record. I grew up on a grain farm and as as kid wishing for rain every year was normal since we were always very dry. This global warming in messing things up and drought and floods are more extreme. When we get the next drought it will be really bad but right now nobody would guess it could happen. We have little lake that were farm land for the last 30 years.