Sign in to follow this  

Best boot for under 100 Dollars.

Try Ebay...I bought a pair of Fox boots that were worn twice for $70. They looked brand new. You may want to go to a store and try on a few pair to see what you like before buying on Ebay. You can buy some half worn out Alpine Stars for under $100.

you really get what you pay for with boots. i had some oneal boots that were in that price range when i first started riding and they didn't do a whole lot. they were uncomfortable and didn't offer much more protection then tall work boots. i now have a pair of alpinestars tech 10's which are great. they are way more comfortable and offer way more protection in nasty terrain. if you are really stuck to under 100 for boots i would do what others have suggested and look for a pair on ebay or craigs list that were slightly worn or someone who got the wrong size to try and get a better boot.

I use and abuse AXO's Boxer series boot. In particular the "Enduro" version as it has regular hiking boot type sole. I bought it after reading a lot of positive reviews over at ADVrider.com. They have lasted almost two years now with no problems whatsoever.

Make sure you have good insurance, and a good podiatrist.

You know, I'm so sick of people saying that. I have had plenty of bad get offs, catching rocks and such when dabbing my foot, etc. yet have never been injured wearing my AXO's. I should be forever hobbled by now if it were true. Yes, you do get more for your money when buying a more expensive boot. However, to imply that whenever you buy a cheaper boot you are guaranteed to be injured is just freakin' ridiculous.

I've owned many boots over the years, I cant tell the diff in safety between expensive and cheap

but the high end boots sure feel nicer

i have a pair of $89 answer boots that have lasted me about 4 seasons. they will probably need to be replaced next season though. theyve held up great. not a single broken buckle.

i know 2 people who have broken their foot or lower leg wearing alpinestars. and every one of my friends who have a-stars have at least one broken or missing buckle.. just goes to show that you dont always get what you pay for : )

You know, I'm so sick of people saying that. I have had plenty of bad get offs, catching rocks and such when dabbing my foot, etc. yet have never been injured wearing my AXO's. I should be forever hobbled by now if it were true. Yes, you do get more for your money when buying a more expensive boot. However, to imply that whenever you buy a cheaper boot you are guaranteed to be injured is just freakin' ridiculous.

h8rs gonna h8. enjoy your cash savings and use it for pre mix, oil, tires, and bling graphics/anodized billet parts. :lol:

Thanks guys! Very good feedback on this. Ive been looking for awhile on craigs and ebay and I bought a pair of Fly Maverick boots. Ill try em and see how they work. If they suck then I guys I wont buy them again! But they were 50 on ebay from someone who got em and never wore them. Cheap enough for me!

I have a pair of Fly ATV Stinger shorty boots I bought for $90. A waste of money. Terrible buckles that keep coming undone. Falls apart at the seams, inferior leather and soles wear quickly. Will never buy Fly boots again.

I have had my tech 3's for 2 seasons and had to replace 2 buckles and send the boots in for repair, but Alpinestars is really nice to work with when it comes to repairs even on a schedule.

My buddy has had the cheap Moose boots for 2 season. They have not broke yet. They are much more comfortable than my tech 3s. I have my doubts about their protection though. They seem softer all around.

Buy what you can afford. Its better than nothing. When I first got back into riding several years ago I bought a pair of O'neal Elements and they sucked. Uncomfortable as hell. After about two years I went with Thor Quadrants for a few seasons. Better but still not very comfortable and leaked when walking through wet grass. A couple of months back I bought a pair of Sidi Chargers. Best boot I've ever owned. They cost $375 but worth every penny. I'm getting old I guess and my feet are more picky than when I was younger.

The fly maverick just tears apart, would never buy them again. Lasted about 10 races. A common problem is buckles tearing off, and just general falling apart. They are far from durable. I am trying to get fly to replace mine as we speak, or give me a discount of some sort.

Alex

You can always get an insole and a pair of hiking socks that will help make a cheaper and more rigid boot feel better. Bottom line is dont wait forever to get an expensive pair. If you want to ride, get what you can afford. A cheap pair is better than no pair.

I got Thor 07 Quadrant S7 in the middle of 2006 when I started riding and am still using them. For whatever reason all of a sudden I just lost the little toe guard on one and a buckle on the other. I cannot believe they have lasted through my hundreds of crashes and hours on the bike. I only ride trails.

I don't know enough about all the boots but I would definately like to get the "best" when it comes to protection. Mine are just there, I don't think there is really any cage to help your ankle, etc.