Which go pro cam is the best for trail?

the best go pro helmet cam I would say is the gopro hd hero2. It shoots in 1080p and every video i saw of it was perfect. But the best one for your money is the gopro 960. My friends dad has one that shoots great and i was looking to order one and found one for $136 that came with the chest mount and water proof casing. And it shoots great videos.

I have the Hero and my buddy has the 960. I actually never shoot higher than 720P because I am posting to youtube. You can tell a difference between 60 fps and 30fps that the 960 is limited to even on youtube, but it's small. Worse if you do slomo. I always shoot in 60fps. If you are just looking to have fun, and youtube 960 is good. The standard doesn't work great in dim light, so the new Hero 2 is a good purchase if you will ride in shaded areas i.e woods riding. If I had to get one all over again, I would get the newest Hero 2, which was not avialable when I got mine.

I have a 1080 Gopro but have found that recording in 960 (4:3 aspect ratio) actually captures more vertical space and IMO makes for better trail video. Too many times I see trail vids where the camera doesn't capture enough vertical real estate and it makes me sick to watch it sometimes. It's worth noting that unless you are doing slow-mo, the 60fps is wasted because almost all the time when you save a movie from an editor (to be uploaded to youtube for example) it will only save at 30 fps anyways.

Here is some of my footage from all 3 HD settings on the same camera:

1080P @ 30 fps:

720P @ 60 fps:

960P @ 30 fps:

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero-960-camera/

"The HD HERO 960 features the same professional grade 960p, 720p and 480p (WVGA) video & 5MP timelapse photo modes, and incredible sound recording system as its big brother, the original HD HERO camera. Record up to 2.5 hours on a single charge and up to 9 hours total on a 32GB SD card (not included). Missing from the HD HERO 960 are 720p @ 60fps, 1080p video, and the HERO BUS expansion port in the rear of the camera that will let you take advantage of GoPro’s BacPac accessories."

..a