Sign in to follow this  

'07 CR125R piston

What piston are you guys using in the CR125?

We are running the green 85's, but only use the OEM piston. We also have a Kawi Supermini that the previous owner insisted on a stock bore as to use the OEM piston.

Do the CR's so well with aftermarket pistons as well as the OEM pistons? I was looking on the Honda fiche and it shows a piston "A" and a piston "B".

Do they ship with one size(a, b, c, or d) or the other like the KTM's, or is one larger to allow for cylinder wear and retaining proper clearance?

Thanks!

all cylinders are stamped with abcd on the rear of the base, this is to be matched up with the piston on install

as production progresses in factory tooling changes and parts are made in batches and may be slight variations in size so they are all put in to grades for asembly

honda oem supply abcd size as do prox

iv always used mitaka pistons in all my mx bikes and NEVER had any problems or faliures there the cheapest u can buy aswell mitaka offer std 0.5os 1os 1.5os

iv always drilled all the lube holes in all cr 125 pistons, makes them last loads longer and less chance of cracking the ex bridge

yeah namura do a couple of sizes for the cr range,bit pricey tho all your paying for is the flash teflon coating lol, which rubs off before long any way lol

yeah namura do a couple of sizes for the cr range,bit pricey tho all your paying for is the flash teflon coating lol, which rubs off before long any way lol

$45 is too pricey?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAMURA-PISTON-KIT-HONDA-CR125-2004-2007-STANDARD-BORE-53-94-/280786754444?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item416031db8c

yeah there cheap in the states, £70 odd quid in most shops in the uk, can have 2 mitakas for that price ha

yeah i no, always get stung for import tax, then most places in usa want stupid prices for shipping, so by the time youv bought and waited for one you could get 2 mitaka piston kits which perform just as good, iv used all the brands over the years, and im quite happy with the mitakas, specially with the 125s as service intervals aremore oftern so it helps keeping the costs down

yeah i no, always get stung for import tax, then most places in usa want stupid prices for shipping, so by the time youv bought and waited for one you could get 2 mitaka piston kits which perform just as good, iv used all the brands over the years, and im quite happy with the mitakas, specially with the 125s as service intervals aremore oftern so it helps keeping the costs down

Srsly dude, it's $12 total for shipping to UK so $57 to your door. I sound like their salesman now. :smirk:

Use whichever piston you prefer! :bonk: