Sign in to follow this  

how do i make a ktm mini adv faster

hi i have a 2006 ktm mini adv and wanted to make it faster for my nephew im not sure how i have been told about some washers u put in the cluth area but im not sure . can anyone help many thanks

Mini adventures use springs in the clutch, the Pro Sr & Jr use a stack of cupped washers to determine engagement rate. Head over to the mini forums at KTMTalk and be prepared for a few days of reading about clutch stacks. But be forewarned taking the springs out of the Mini Adv, means routine washer stack cleaning and replacing clutch shoes and much reduced durability from what he has now. If he's racing it's the way to go, if he's play riding not so much.

If it were me, I'd try and find a Pro Sr/Jr pipe and leave the clutch alone for play riding. The pipe is a bolt on and a night and day difference.

thanks for your help he has been riding for 4 months now he has never rode befor and he has got real good so i wanted to fasten his mini up he has just turned 7 and i was thinking of getting him the 50sx but some of my friends told me to just put him on a 65 ktm but im it worried about a 65 for him........