Sign in to follow this  

cheap tard??

since i only rode the crf once all summer i want to throw some 17" wheels on it so i can have some fun in town. i would like to be able to do it as cost efficient as possible.

soo.... i cam across a set of cbr 600 wheels really cheap, and wondered if anyone had used them on a crf? along with what it might take to make them fit.

since i only rode the crf once all summer i want to throw some 17" wheels on it so i can have some fun in town. i would like to be able to do it as cost efficient as possible.

soo.... i cam across a set of cbr 600 wheels really cheap, and wondered if anyone had used them on a crf? along with what it might take to make them fit.

Wrong size axles.

http://www.motostrano.com/Supermoto-Conversion-Kit-Sportsman-p/kit-sport.htm

as in wrong diamiter? can this just be fized by changing the bearings in the rim?

thanks for the link.

betts

Unless you have access to a machine shop and can get it done for near free, it's probably not worth it. You can make almost any rims fit with machine work, but you'll be on your own for the most part.

I would either hound ebay or supermotojunkie.com for some deals on used wheels, or get some warp 9's. There are plenty of great deals out there.

If you are just bouncing around town, any set of 17"s will work just fine. We can get you a set of Warp 9's that will just bolt up and go. Why hassle more than that? Use the money you saved to buy chain lube, gas, and Doritos...

came across this on supermotojunkie.com DNA wheels have a pretty good reputation with mx wheels from what i have seen.

http://www.motostrano.com/DNA-Supermoto-Wheels-p/dna-sm.htm

Have over 5k miles on my 17" DNAs with no issues. I would prefer Excel/Talons, but just couldn't pass up the price at the time. I've read about people bitching about the anodizing quality, but I haven't had any issues. I have a feeling some people are using pretty harsh chemicals to clean them.

i do have access to a machine shop and a buddy that will do it for a case of beer, but then there is trying to set up something with the rotor and caliper.

may just keep looking for a deal for now.

betts

i do have access to a machine shop and a buddy that will do it for a case of beer, but then there is trying to set up something with the rotor and caliper.

may just keep looking for a deal for now.

betts

Also something to think about, if you go through the trouble to make a set work and you damage one and need to replace it, you now have to do the machining all over again. If you "convert" the bike, meaning you modify parts on the bike so that the unmodified wheel now fits, then if you damage one you have to hunt down the same wheel as a replacement...

hadnt thought of that, tho i suspect most try not to think about crashes and damage

betts

i suspect most try not to think about crashes and damage

betts

I try not to think of getting flat tires, but I still carry a spare tire! :):lol: