Sign in to follow this  

Time to get a honda again..

hey everyone,

i have recently come to realize i miss the hondas. i had a 05 about 6 months ago and got rid of it because of the valve issues. I have a 06 yz250f right now. The bike is super reliable and starts in the first few kicks. which i like alot because my old honda wouldnt start for anything.

Although it is reliable, the honda was just so much fun to ride it had lots of power when it ran and just so smooth. it meant something to me to have it. Now i hear that the 2010 and up hondas do not have the valve issues because they changed the air box design? if im correct. What would you suggest i do? i can get the money. Thanks:thumbsup:

If you've got the money, I'd say go for it! The efi bikes start very easily regardless of the weather. I have heard the same about the '10+ models, and you dont see nearly as many valve problem threads as there used to be...which doesnt necessarily verify the claim, but it certainly gives it some credit. There have been some fuel injector problems, but they seem to be hit or miss...if you find that yours leaks, just leave your bike at tdc after your done riding it...seems to have worked for me so far.