Sign in to follow this  

I need help. Fcr 39mm carb

I left gas in 2002 drz400 e whiLe it sat for two years and the carb was clogged to hell. I pulled all the jetways cleaned them really well. The floAt valve was bad and the valve guide was damaged as I was taking out screen because it was incredible clogged. I made sure i could Blow carb cleaner through all holes except for one. To the left and right of the main jet there are two screws that I removed to split the last remaining carb thirds BUT I cannot split the carb for the life of me.

All this because when the bike starts with the choke on it will idle but as soon as I take the choke off or give any throttle the bike dies.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help guys.

Is the air line from the manifold to the petchock connected? If you split the carb you likely will never get it back together.

The carb body is manufactured in 3 separate pieces and becomes an inseparable assembly. The joint you are talking about is assembled with rubber seal rings and epoxy.

Getting it apart is generally the kiss of death for the carb. The rubber seal rings can also be damaged with carb cleaner that is too aggressive. Don't take it apart except as a last resort and you have nothing to lose. SUDCO may have the rubber seal rings. They did at one time.