Double hernia surgery

Well, looks like I have 2 more hernias. Last year I had my right inguinal hernia repaired. In the mean time, I knew eventually I would have to take care of the one on the left which has gotten a little bit bigger. I also have a small umbilical (belly button) hernia which he will repair at the same time. I know what to expect with the inguianal, but am not sure about the umbilical though? Anybody have a umbilical hernia that was repaired? Going in this Thursday, Dec 1st. I think I will be in more pain, mentally, not being able to ride in 6-8 weeks:bonk:

Little Jeff

Hey Jeff!

I've had bilateral inguinal hernias repaired twice, which is one time too many. Additionally I've had an umbilical hernia repair done at the same time I had the second set of inguinal hernias repaired.

I did my research and discussed with the surgeon the use of "Marlex Mesh" in the repairs of all 3 hernias. The mesh is used where the muscle wall has been too weak to maintain the previous repairs.

These surgeries were done back in 1995 and I've been hernia free since.

It's definately some thing to discuss with your surgeon.

I've seen that there's some new type of mesh out now that is failing. So be specific about "Marlex Mesh".

Post op pain from all 3 sites were managable with tylenol for me.

Wishing you the best! ?

Well this is a good one. Friday and Saturday after surgery I was in extreme pain from the surgery on Thursday. I called the surgeons office an had requested stronger pain meds, was taking perkasets. They refused my request and told to take advil with the pain meds. So I did and it got worse. By Saturday morning I could not take it anymore, woke up the girlfriend at 6am and had her call 911. Fire Dept showed up and took me to a local hospital. Was in ER for about 6 hours, a couple of imjections of toredal and daladid, it was more manageable. Did a CT scan on the area and found pretty much nothing. Also did a ultrasound on my scotum as it was quite and large and hurt quite a bit. A urologist was brought in and looked at the films with the radiologist. Found out that during the hernia repair, some how the blood supply to my left testicle was cut off and my testicle was dead. So I was admitted to the hospital and had my left testicle removed. Wasan't expecting that. I t was really sureal to say the least. Do you guys think I may have a malpractice lawsuit here? I am not sue happy at all, but to lose your testicle because the blood supply was cut off from the hernia surgery is pretty extreme. What do you guys think? Any opinions are all welcomed and I know that there are risks involved in any surgery, but this is a little much I think.

Little Jeff

I'd say there was a major goof up during the procedure. You might want to get a consult with a med mal attorney and see what they have to say.

As to being able to sire off-spring, if your remaining testicle is producing viable sperm in an acceptable quantity someday you'll be changing diapers and enjoying all the blessings of being a Dad!?