Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone have or know about a 03' KTM 250 exc 2 stroke?

I just bought a 03' KTM 250 exc 2 stroke to replace my 01' Honda Cr250r. I was on

the hunt for a awesome woods bike when I found this machine. The only problem is I can't find anything on this bike. The guy I bought it from absolutely hated getting rid of it. It currently has a VForce Reed cage, FMF Fatty powercoreII, JD Jetting Kit, and is ported&polished. I gave $1500 for it, felt it was a really good deal. I have not had a chance to take it out yet, hopefully this weekend. Strong bike but would like to know if anybody has any input on this model KTM ???????

I just replaced my 2002 CR250 with a 2006 KTM 250 XCW so I hear ya loud and clear. I have tried looking up my year model and there is not a ton of info on it as appears to be with other year models of the same. I took it out about a week ago for its first ride and absolutely loved it in the trails. It handles well in the tight stuff and handles the rocks just fine.

Yours is the EXC and mine is XCW, the only thing I noticed on mine is there is a fairly large jump between first and second gears due to the wider ratio tranny...nothing I cannot live with but it is there. I stalled it a couple of times in second getting used to it, so I just raised my idle a bit. Yours has a narrower gear spacing so the jump from first to second is more subtle...your first gear may be a bit taller than mine??

I switched off with my friend on his 2004 KTM200. On his bike it did not matter how fast I entered or exited a turn it seemed to be more connected to the ground and absorbed the bumps a better. This gives me a dial-in target to aim for.

...Strong bike but would like to know if anybody has any input on this model KTM ???????

Any specific info? Or are you just looking for an 03 250 EXC fan to write an essay for you? :lol:

Seriously, if you ask more specific questions, or give better parameters, you're likely to get better/more responses IMO.

I had an 05 300 EXC, which is essentially the same bike sans cylinder/head. Give us a little help here.

I have one. Great bike. Tons of info at KTMtalk.com. Ride it and than sort out any problems you find.

thx for all the help... took the bike out this past weekend.... bike is just flat out awesome.. zero complaints.. will be riding a KTM from here on out!!!!