Dirt Bike Magazine DRZ Exhausts and Dyno's

This is from August of 2000 so some of the information is dated and some of the exhaust systems are no Longer made, but I thought some may want to read the blurry article and comment. Remember, this was written before the MRD exhaust. All the test were done with an E model, 165 main jet, and the snorkel removed. It took me some time to find the Magazine so I would really like to hear your thoughts.

What I find most interesting is when they take the end cap off the stock exhaust.

scan0004-1.jpg

scan0002-1.jpg

scan0001-1.jpg

scan0003-1.jpg

Well, I was hoping to see a Muzzy tested....

Interesting read, thank you for posting.

Good shoot out for 2000...results are as I expected...Yosh would be close to SSW/MRD specs....

looks like they tested the rs-3, which i believe is equiv. to the standard mrd.

they mention the lighter all ti trc is available.

Good shoot out for 2000...results are as I expected...Yosh would be close to SSW/MRD specs....

I think they are close unless you have a big bore, then I would think the SSW/MRD would be better.

they mention the lighter all ti trc is available

That is actually just a Titanium RS-3. The trc was not yet available.

Thanks for posting that!! It was good to see how my White bros r4 stacked up!! Also it was nice to find out why I couldn't find a spark arrester for it.

Your welcome. I was hoping some people could find some info on there older exhaust systems.

What skidplate is on the bike at the top of the article? It looks like it has excellent waterpump coverage. I have damaged my waterpump cover in a third gear lowside and have been trying to figure out what to do to cover my water pump.

What skidplate is on the bike at the top of the article? It looks like it has excellent waterpump coverage. I have damaged my waterpump cover in a third gear lowside and have been trying to figure out what to do to cover my water pump.

It looks like one made my Moose Racing. I think its plastic with a carbon fiber look. I might have the Dirt Bike article for that one also. I'll get back if I find it.

Maybe it looks like this one from this article. It's a DSP carbon Fiber skid plate

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/241/1019/Motorcycle-Article/2004-Suzuki-DR-Z440.aspx

This is the article I was thinking about. I don't have time to read it but it is an interesting read on one of the first big bore projects and RM Fork swaps.

http://www.dirtbikemagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=D9F95D1F5755443FB2E2507CD7E888C5

That article is pretty cool. The technology in our bikes is pretty old...... I love it!

Old and proven. I love my bike. It's not the pounds or the power, I just feel at home on it.