Sign in to follow this  

2011 dr650

hey there i have a 2011 dr650 long storey short i rode it for about 5 to 10 minutes with out a gear lever and it was stuck in 3rd i think and then it wouldnt go anywhere when i realeased the clutch it would go up to about 20km at the most with the clutch fully realeased i asked suzuki and yamaha they both seem to think i burnt the clutch and suzki is telling me it could cost up to $800 that i do not have was wondering if it was anything else as they didnt seem sure unless i took it into them

thanks

Hi.

Sounds like the clutch is burnt out like they say, but $800!

Does that include a gear lever and the shaft itself?

The guys here usually need the long story in order to offer the best, most accurate advice.

:lol:

well $750 $800 including gear lever and that and then if they give it a service as well he said id be looking at a $1000 so if its definatley that is it an easy fix?

Replacing clutch plates is not too difficult to do, it depends on your skill level.

If you are considering letting a dealer service your bike, then you may not have the skillset required to do the clutch.

No offense meant.

hey no offence taken and yer its only got 1500km on it i got it halfway through this year id try it myself if i had directions or a guide lol

hey there i have a 2011 dr650 long storey short i rode it for about 5 to 10 minutes with out a gear lever and it was stuck in 3rd i think and then it wouldnt go anywhere when i realeased the clutch it would go up to about 20km at the most with the clutch fully realeased i asked suzuki and yamaha they both seem to think i burnt the clutch and suzki is telling me it could cost up to $800 that i do not have was wondering if it was anything else as they didnt seem sure unless i took it into them

thanks

Hey Bronson91. Where are you ? If you're in Darwin, Ill give you hand with it mate.

thanks heaps for the offer but im in albury nsw i can probably get someone to help with the work its just the parts i got told it was $80 for a gear lever thats a bit expensive if you ask me lol so i was just wondering what parts id need where to get them and how much? :lol: