2006 Honda cr85 fork question

How stiff is too stiff for these forks? My son weighs about 125 and these things barely move, once he starts jumping on the bike while rolling the forks only move 2-3 inches. This doesn't seem normal. Can anyone send me link to video to see how these things should move stock? My forks are stock and the prev owner said they were reBuilt. Anyways to fix this are greatly appreciated.

I did bleed the forks but im not positive if i did it right. I opened up 1 fork today and found they are stock springs. The previous owner put way to muchh oil in. there was only 40mm from the top. So i took some oil out, pulled the dampening rod up and slipped the spring on there, but there was a problem. The spring didnt go all the way down or the dampening rod is stoping to early. Im so lost now. any ideas?

Also-

The spring was very tight in the fork. I couldnt pull it down far enough to get to the rod nut under the fork cap so i had to put the wrench in between the spring and managed to take it off, when i took it off the spring kind of launched everything off the top but i had a good grip of the parts and nothing happened. Plus there was oil oozing from the dampening rod hole.

From what you described about having to put the wrench in between the spring and the fork cap to get at the nut, that's normal. At this point you should get a manual and disassemble both forks, clean everything, replace the seals and fill them with the recommended oil. I'd also advise you to look into some heavier springs as your boy is at 125lbs and won't be getting any lighter. I can only guess here but the last owner might have put too much oil in so that he wouldn't have to replace the springs.

I tried to put them back together but the spring doesn't go down all the way or the dampening rod the spring goes over is stuck, any ideas why the rod doesn't want to come all the way up?

My guess is that they weren't put back together properly last time they were apart. You need to get a manual or take them in. Although they aren't twin chamber forks, they can still be messed up by lack of knowledge.