Best skid Plate For a 2007 EXC 450

Are you looking for easy oil changes or max protection?

I have the Flatlands Racing. I think it falls in the max protection side, good coverage for the side covers. It has survived huge hits on granite boulders. 4 bolts to remove it for oil changes. Some complain about the effort to remove it for oil changes.

I have the stock plastic one on my 525 and think it is great. It looks to have just the right coverage. The ones for the newer KTMs look to have less protection. I have 6.000 miles with a lot of rock riding and no issues. If you get it ,make sure to drill a hole and twist tie the quick release bolt down

I have the Flatland plate. It is like armor. You can leave it on for changing oil. There are access holes. It makes it a little messier thank taking it off but stuff some shop towels in there to reduce it. It is tough as nails. I wish it had another hole so I could reach that crank lock lock bolt for valve adjustments, but other than that... no complaints. Fits tight as the day I bought it 5 years ago. A little dented on the bottom now... but no damage to my bike.

My Flatland plate has no access holes at all, must be an older model.

An aluminum plate will reflect the engine sound back at the rider. After riding Huskys I was always listening for weird sounds of doom and thought the RFS sounded loud. Now I just wear ear plugs all the time and don't give engine sounds a second thought.

I have a 2008 and just bought a flatlands racing aluminum skidplate, it was $85, has vent & oil drain holes and fits great and looks similar to the ktm one (except for the upper mount where it has an extra bracket.....for half the price well worth it!!!).

I just have to say to avoid ktmhutt if you can, they have been awful for notifying you of what is backordered. I'm still waiting for stuff I ordered months ago, utterly crazy!

I have the Moose carbon fiber full coverage skid plate. Not heavy and will take a unreal impact. The model I have comes around the side cases, which is a plus as I have battle scars on the plate to prove it.

Do you have any pic's of it?

It seems like they would crack easily. Are they tough enough to handle big hits from rocks? Thanks for the picture...?

They will not crack due to the carbon fiber. I have my dirt wheel/tire combo on now and always bounce of rocks with no worries. I'm sure the others that were mentioned are great too.

• Like 1