Sign in to follow this  

Front/Rear suspension upgrade for daughter

My daughter has gotten to the point she is outriding the suspension on this (doesn't take much). It is the stock suspension on an 03 TTR 125 with non-res rear shock. Was going to buy the front springs and upgrade rear spring from ProCycle.com. Is there other recommendations- she doesn't race but does like to hit the bumps and jumps. Thanks for your suggestions.

What does she weigh? The springs may help. You might also consider the adjustable rear shock--get one on ebay.

On the other hand, if she is likely to stick with it, consider getting a CRF150R. If you shop around, you can find them affordable (either a leftover, or used), and it will last longer than throwing money at the TTR. I weighed the pros and cons of investing in my wife's bike to make it more fun for me, and bought my own toy...much cheaper, with better results.

It has the factory shock that only has preload. I was going to upgrade the rear coil unless there is a better option than what is on BBR. Not interested in the $400 one that they sell. She ways about 115 lbs and is a little short for the CF150- looked that route. She loves the TTR just to spongey for her. What should I look for on E-bay if the BBR spring is not the deal

I saw the rear shocks on ebay. Will the ones with reservior work on a non-res bike? and is the spring still wimpy or did they bump it up a bit. BBR's and Procycle look like the same springs

Your best bet would be to convert the bike to YZ85 suspension. There are a lot of threads on it.