Sign in to follow this  

cr125

its a 93cr125 running a b8es plug, at 32:1 redline full-synthetic, current settings 168mj 50pj , 1469 needle mid. positon

im still kind trying to get this whole carb stuff down so please... bear with me.

my kids bike has developed a fouling prob. this what is giong on. we have never been able to get this thing to idle, not a huge deal but... kinda a pain for him in the trails/HS races.

the bike was running great during the summer, carb jets 165/50 on 2nd from top clip pos.

Since it has dropped about 25 degrees or so, i thought i needed to rejet, even thou it was still running fine, no fouling or anything.

so before i rejetted we got it to idle with the cable adjuster atop the carb (not correct way i know). then retted to 168/55 on mid clip. first startup after rejet, it ran for about a minute and it fouled.

back in the garage it goes, i fugured i went too rich, pulled carb and put the 50pj back in. new plug and were good to go. atleast for a day of ridin.

I Dunno, maybe it's just time for a topend, when it does foul the plug is real wet, not oily just alot of unburnt fuel. Could it be cause ive adjusted all the slack outta the t. cable to gain an idle?

So now, when we go to a HS or just riding i just make sure i have an extra plug, it usually fouls when its warming or shortly after. but never during the ride or out in the woods wether or not we stop 50 times or not.

Compression is still Above 150, and it only had 165 at time of rebuild. Lower end is new too, less than 40 hrs.

Maybe i should just change a back to the jetting it did so well at? i just dont want it to be lean and..... what do you guys think?? thanks in advance

Also, we have been running a trick carb (bored out with grooves) that came on the bike, i have a carb off of a 92 125 will this carb work better than the trick one? Frustrated dont know which way to go.

Edited by argclh6670

You basicly answered your own questions, if it was good before and now its not you have gone to rich

The 55 pilot will not be helping! how many turns out is your air screw ? have you readjusted it?

A plug chop to see if the main is correct would be a good starting point

Maybe a good idea to slip a new ring in the motor just to make sure all is nice and fresh before you start tearing your hair out chasing brass all around the garage (been there done that lol)