Sign in to follow this  

cr500af suspension help

Hi, i've just built a gen 3 cr500af 2 stroke chassis. It currently has cr125 kyb 2007 suspension that is undersprung which was expected.

i've resprung the rear to suit, however my fork legs have some corrosion. Not really sure if they worth spending $600 on when there are plenty of showa unit's available for good money.

Thoughts? also what years would be direct fit ?

would it be a better option?

The CRs KYB fork isnt the best anyway. Bladder forks...

Dont know which forks will fit, I guess you have to swap triple clamps for a showa.

Corrosion? From what? Do you mean the white haze on the anodized part of the outer tubes?

The CR125 bladder forks are just like any other- they can be made to work very well. Any fork you put on will most likely require respringing/revalving for your weight and ability anyways.

Corrosion? From what? Do you mean the white haze on the anodized part of the outer tubes?

The CR125 bladder forks are just like any other- they can be made to work very well. Any fork you put on will most likely require respringing/revalving for your weight and ability anyways.

the lower fork "chrome" has corrosion, the bikes very low hour. Maybe rust or a chemical reaction to something. Only on one leg. Not sure what it is to behonest

As for valving i'm generally not fussed, i'm a close enough is good enough type person. Either way my KYB need money spent on them and not sure it's worth it by the time i repair and respring to suit the extra weight i'm carrying in the motor

If i can pick up a crf showa they shouldnt need respringing with my weight and already compensated for a heavier 4T engine which would be similar weight to my 500 2 stroke engine. Throw some new oil and seals in, good to go.

In theory

PS, i'm 83 kg

2007, 2008 Showas from CRFs always work well for my needs... They are the ones I hunt for on flea-bay....