Sign in to follow this  

'86 CR250 drum to disc

need the swingarm, frame subframe and rear shock complete with linkage, master cylinder assembly, new wheel, brake parts.

Lot of work when you can probably buy a newer mid to late 90s model for less than all those parts.

need the swingarm, frame subframe and rear shock complete with linkage, master cylinder assembly, new wheel, brake parts.

Lot of work when you can probably buy a newer mid to late 90s model for less than all those parts.

I'm pretty sure I have 97% of those parts. Do you mean from the '87 CR?

And yes, I've always been quite keen on the "if you need a faster bike, get a faster bike" thing. Just was curios :lol:

yes parts from a 87-88 bike.

Ahh still don't understand how this other guy converted it without many problems... From the way he said it, he just slapped it on.

yes parts from a 87-88 bike.

I own both a 86 and a 88 CR250, the shock linkage is different between an 87 and 88 CR250. The 88 and 86 linkage are definitely different.

I own both a 86 and a 88 CR250, the shock linkage is different between an 87 and 88 CR250. The 88 and 86 linkage are definitely different.

Just out of curiosity, why different linkage, subframe, etc.? We're only replacing one system here.