Sign in to follow this  

right great toe amputation..

As in the title have any of you guys lost your big toe and how did it effect your riding..mine is not. Off yet but that seems to be where my situation is headed any suggestion are appreciated idont race but like to try a enduro event thanks in advance Tim

I've still got 10, and Don't take this wrong, but there is a guy who is blind and is on an mx track. There is a pro kid Jessie something without a thumb. I mean loosing a toe isn't good, but I think you are the only one to determine whether you can ride. It may not be as easy, but your determination or lack of will be the only real answer. Good luck man, and hope to see ya on the trails still!!

Turner, thanks man. I am going to give it my best shot they have not taken it off yet so till then I am going to ride. I lost three toes on my left foot already along with my job,so this has been an ordeal.my xr200r is almost done just waiting for a couple of bolts and a chain. Riding has been a part of my whole life and I dont want to loose that. Flying was a big part of my life but the lack of a medical and the pure cost of it wont be happening for me. thanks for your time sorry if I rambled a bit Tim

As long as you have balls you can ride :thumbsup:

You should be fine after a bit of time to get use to it and comfy. Paraplegics are riding now....which I find amazing and inspiring!

I am an amputee. I had my right foot amputated about mid shin. I can still ride, a lost a little in the technical stuff but that's about it. On top of my right foot being amputated my, left ankle is fused. It is almost more of a hassle than the prosthetic food. Not minimize your situation, if you love it enough you will still ride.