Sign in to follow this  

2013 Husqvarna 650 Adventure/Dual Sport breaks cover.

Like I said on CH... Looks good, looks heavy, wrong tire size, limited suspension travel.

I'd rather have the old 610 back. Not the 630, the 610.

Not quite what we're used to but looks cool, might sell.

That motor looks like a giant anvil. Heavy! Built for longevity.

They need to just quit dicking around and make a real adventure bike, dakar worthy! Lets face it KTM makes the adventure and its great, I just can't bring myself to by an orange bike! I also don't want to go spend $13,000 on a F800gs. I would sell my Ducati for a nice little 650 adventure. I rode a 630 with a pipe, and gearing change and it was a fantastic bike! It just needs a fairing.

They say the motor is out of a new BMW F650gs, but the new 650 has a 800cc parallel twin in it!?

They say the motor is out of a new BMW F650gs, but the new 650 has a 800cc parallel twin in it!?

No they do not say that and it is not. It is from the G650GS and its a thumper that's been in production for over a decade.

This strikes me as an up to date, sexy, much more powerful (hopefully) XR650L/KLR...if this has similar reliability, ride-ability, and flexibility as those two bikes, in a nicer and more attractive package...Husky have just set themselves up for years upon years of positive sales growth.

Seriously, Honda are still selling the xr650l...same bike...decades old tech...if they can do it, Husky can too (using modern tech of course). :lol:

If you can't tell I think the bike looks great, and has the potential to be the swiss army knife of the husky line. :)

No they do not say that and it is not. It is from the G650GS and its a thumper that's been in production for over a decade.

Sorry I was sitting here reading the December 2011 issue of Dirt Bike page 76 (lower left corner) it states that the f650gs is "actually a 798cc twin-cylinder machine. It's labeled a 650 to separate it from the more upscale f800gs" There are only two things I know pretty well; masterbation, and motorcycles! (I know the older 650's were thumpers, I have ridden everything from the funduro's, cs's, and the old gs dakar models) as for the "wrong wheel size" as you stated earlier the best adventure tires come in 17" For the gs models and adventures made to last with the heavier weight of the bikes.

I think this bike looks great!... and is going to help lead the Husqvarna division to profitability.

This new Husqvarna street division positions Husqvarnas in higher-end BMW shops which have the potential to bring in and introduce a whole new type of customer to the Husqvarna brand the same way Mini did for BMW.

I personally feel Husqvarna has a better chance growing and making the company (as a whole) more profitable.

By positioning Husqvarnas in high-end BMW shops where the BMW franchise is already familiar with these (BMW engineered) engines... it becomes an easier for BMW dealers to accept... which makes it easier for them to sell as well as service experance....

Husqvarna Dirt bikes were always strage to these BMW shops and that was the key reason BMW failed growing the brand in BMW shops.

In the long term... revenue generated from this line of street bikes will support racing and innovative product on the dirt bike side of the business.

Bottom line... this is the quickest way to righting the company and make Husqvarna profitable on its own.

BlipBlip/HuskyRips :lol:

For those of you on Facebook, you need to check out Huskys page. I finally voiced my thoughts on an adventure model and they responded, saying they would like to hear from all of us what we are wanting from the company. They are going to be having a questionare soon.

as for the "wrong wheel size" as you stated earlier the best adventure tires come in 17" For the gs models and adventures made to last with the heavier weight of the bikes.

The best adventure bikes have a 21" front wheel.

For those of you on Facebook, you need to check out Huskys page. I finally voiced my thoughts on an adventure model and they responded, saying they would like to hear from all of us what we are wanting from the company. They are going to be having a questionare soon.

Can you paste a link. Lots of hit on FB for husqvarna. I'm a FB rookie so that could be it too