Sign in to follow this  

Help me with some advice with jetting.

Hi Eddie

Been following your threads and hoping you can help me with some advice with jetting.

My DRZ 475 E has a K&N and a full pro circuit pipe. I have cut the spark arrester part off the removable end just leaving a bit of tube to help direct gas past the end cap.

I mostly use it on the trail here in Oz but sometimes on the mx too .

I have a 165 main at the moment with the stock needle on pos 3.

Would appreciate your time and If you have any suggestions of my next up grade would love to here.

I did have it pretty close on the standard de baffled bike but it seems a bit off now with the procircuit hoping to save time by picking your brains

cheers tony

Hey Tony..More info will be required....What size carb?.Is it stock Fcr?..What needle?..and altitude are you running at?...

What cams, and valves are fitted..?

There is no benefit from trying to mod that pipe..Restricted pipes don't work on stroker engines..

An SSW/MRD is the best pipe for your stroker...http://www.mrd-racing.com/page05.html

Well here is what i have done.

Its a DRZ 07 E with a 475 big bore and stroked crank from JE racing.

It has a manaul cam tensioner.A procircuit exhaust which is new and want to keep.

It has a K&N air filter,with the air box snorkel removed and everything else is stock standard ( it has a 39 mm fcr I believe)

Its making quite good power for the trail and I can raise the front quite easily but since changing the pipe from a unrestricted original the jetting is off and I can't afford dyno time.I was a 160 main and the needle is standard on a one leaner clip with the big bore kit and the standard unresticted pipe and that felt good even at 4000 feet on a mountain ride.

I have now gone to 168 with the needle in the standard position.pilot jet is std. I live and mostly ride close to sea level

cheers Tony

Nothing in my experience leads me to believe you are going in the right direction with the main circuit. A leaner main jet was beneficial to both my Yosh stroker and my 434..both with a FCR39. 155/158 is my current favorite (BB only)

Cheers..........Will try this weekend with the needle on position 5. 158 main

will start looking at shortening the accelerator pump squirt next and maybe getting rid of the coaster fuel circuit as this looks to be benificial on some pages I have read.

Have you done those mods too?