Sign in to follow this  

Lets see all those 100cc MXers

My grandfathers xl100 with a 120 kit

bikepics-2309203-full.jpg

bikepics-2309202-full.jpg

Edited by canammx1

I kind of skipped the 100's when I went from an 80 to a 250, but I rode plenty of friends Hodakas back in the day!

Hodakas owned the 100 class in the early 70's. I had my sights set on a LT2MX Yamaha, but the 250 was handed

down from my dad, and I never looked back!

In the mid 70's I got to ride one of the first MonoShock YZ100's, man did it shriek! Fast as could be and great

suspension compared to anything I had ridden to that point! Wish I hadn't skipped the 100's and 125's fun bikes!

Yamaha_YZ100_1978.jpg

That XL is cool.

I don't think I've ever seen a yellow YZ 100 of the vintage. It looks odd to me.

Here's a whole row of them :lol:

I'm the first bike

pic9.jpg

Not a picture of my actual bike, but this is the MXer that I started out on in '73.

LTMX100.jpg

Ron

Not a picture of my actual bike, but this is the MXer that I started out on in '73.

LTMX100.jpg

Ron

:lol: When I saw the thread title I was hoping someone would post a pic of this model. I remember when they came out I wanted one so bad; rubber pegs and all.

i agree the "J" models are "sexy" yamaha's first "plain swing arm mono" I have a 490 J ...everything before was different & everything after was different..that's what makes them a "sexy" one of a kind!