Sign in to follow this  

Pressure washed 400sm... now idles high when warm???

I pressure washed my 400sm on Sunday after an adventure off road. I noticed when I left the car wash that it was idling higher than normal. When I rode to work yesterday (which is about 8 miles) I noticed it was still idling higher than normal. But it idled higher when I got to work. Like it is idling higher the warmer the engine gets. I do have the air box mod done and thought I got water on the air filter. So I took out the air filter and let it air dry all day yesterday while at work. I also wiped down the inside of the air box too. Any ideas on where to start looking for a problem?

You could lightly spray WD-40 around the boot, if blue smoke comes out the exhaust it means you have an air leak around the boot.

How high is it idling. So High its not ridable or just a little amount higher.

I sprayed brake cleaner around the carb and vacuum lines and no fluctuations in rpms. I adjusted the idle screw. I just recently installed a kn air filter. I had the bike jetted with a stage two kit. I'm chalking this one up a coincidence and cold weather. I will see if I have any more problems in the future.