Sign in to follow this  

97 250 Carb Question

So, I'm out riding and the float bowl is stuck, gas out the overflow. (I almost never use this bike either, so it's the first ride of the year on it)

I pull the bowl at trailside, and there's a funny little plastic funnel with a notch in it that I sure don't remember being in my 400 carb. Damned if I can figure out where this thing goes.... So I popped it in my pocket and put it back together without it. Seems to run just fine without it. Can anyone advise if I need this part in there?

Thanks,

Koob

That's a baffle that prevents the gas from sloshing around too much. It goes over the main jet casting. The carb has to be upside down when it is installed since gravity holds it in place until you have the float bowl screwed in place. It would be a good idea to reinstall it- it does serve a purpose.

That's a baffle that prevents the gas from sloshing around too much. It goes over the main jet casting. The carb has to be upside down when it is installed since gravity holds it in place until you have the float bowl screwed in place. It would be a good idea to reinstall it- it does serve a purpose.

Thanks for the reply, I'll stick it back in when I have the carb open next.

Cheers!

Koob