Sign in to follow this  

carb swap for 250?

i've been looking around for a carb swap for my 06, i remember seeing something (on tt maybee) about a pumper kit for it or a stroker carb or something? if anyone know if they still make them or if anyone has one they'd be willing to get rid of? :lol:

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Carburetor_Kit_Yamaha_TTR250_P15343.cfm <that it? i think the stock size is 30 thats what dirt rider mags review said it was. the stock one honestly looks wimpy and i can't really get a good happy medium (jetting wise) out of it.

That is the one I remember. I almost bought one, but got the stocker working OK.

yea seeing it's price tag makes me not want it. what do you run in your stock one? i've just got stock mods and have the sugguested jets in the 250stickey and it's still got a little weird bog between 1/4 and like 3/8ths throttle...

needle might need the leve changed have'nt toyed with that! and yes i did know it was... i just didn't know what the carb kit was called for it, just threw in what i thought it had said in old threads!

needle must be the problem though... because i've got the sugguested freeomds etc, jetted to spec of the sticky and tweaked a bit for my area... i'll have to play with that if i get some free time here in the few days.