Sign in to follow this  

2012 300 xc reckluse auto clutch!!

the best their is, best their ever was, best their ever will be, most people love them,the pro or the exp, get one if you dont like it you can sell it very easily

I have used the:

1. Original Rekluse z-start (1 year use)

2. Z-Start Pro (2 years use)

3. Z-Start EXP (1 year and going)

I would HIGHLY recommend the EXP over the earlier versions.

After using an EXP for a year now, I don't like how the Z-start pro feels anymore and would never go back.

Buy the EXP .. the engagement is nicer and having a stock clutch feel and action is priceless :lol:

I have a Core EXP and I really like it. In fact I have never touched my clutch lever since I purchased it. The drawback is you can whiskey throttle yourself into oblivion if you get careless, tired or try running alongside it while getting through a pile up.

You'll be faster for sure.

I have used the:

1. Original Rekluse z-start (1 year use)

2. Z-Start Pro (2 years use)

3. Z-Start EXP (1 year and going)

I would HIGHLY recommend the EXP over the earlier versions.

After using an EXP for a year now, I don't like how the Z-start pro feels anymore and would never go back.

Buy the EXP .. the engagement is nicer and having a stock clutch feel and action is priceless :lol:

I would go with the pro as the exp eliminates several of the stock plates, putting more stress on the ones you are left with. have a friend with the revloc version very similar to exp and he burned the friction plates completely down to steel on a tough multi mile uphill ride this summer.

Joe

I would go with the pro as the exp eliminates several of the stock plates, putting more stress on the ones you are left with. have a friend with the revloc version very similar to exp and he burned the friction plates completely down to steel on a tough multi mile uphill ride this summer.

Joe

The EXP and Revloc Dyna rings are significantly different.

I also had a Revloc ALSO for about 2 months and burnt the thing to a crisp!

The main difference is the Revloc dyna ring EXPANDS inside the MIDDLE of the clutch pack whereas the EXP ring sits on TOP of the clutch pack just below the pressure plate. In other words it works in conjunction with the pressure plate force whereas the Dyna ring did not (gap was set within clutch pack for a Dyna ring by tensioning the clutch cable ... in other words manually setting it). The EXP allows for VERY precise gap settings .. the Dyna ring was "guess work".

The second major difference between the two is that Rekluse uses engagment "wedges" inside whereas the Dyna ring uses ball bearings INSIDE the disc. The EXP wedges work infinitely better and provide very solid engagement whereas the DynaRing would slip quite a bit before engaging (reason why so many of them are burning out and why the company no longer makes them).

Ride a bike with an EXP and ride one with a Z-Start Pro. They FEEL much different. Pick the one that appeals to you. The EXP also comes with the clutch cover, so factor that into the price. I would never go back to the Z-Start after spending years on them (they feel weird now) .... but that's just my opinion :lol:

PS .. I am referring the the FULL ON EXP version (one that comes with new centre clutch basket) ... not the CHEAPER Rekluse 2.0 ring offering

I too was thinking the EXP is the one to go with. Thanks again for the feedback everyone!!

I have the Z start pro on my 07 300, the EXP 2 on my 09 300...After a fair amount of riding on the 09 (had the 07 longer obviously) I would say that the Z start is a teensy bit better....however, if I had not experienced the Z start, I would not know any better and would swear by the EXP 2 - As I do now.

Also, a LHRB is the icing on the cake along with the Rekluse.

Has anyone used the Rekluse LHRB lever to control the clutch?

Based on your other post it sounds like you have some unique rear brake requirements. I use my clutch lever to control the clutch but with the Rekluse Core I seldom use the clutch lever (I let the Rekluse do its thing and I love it). I have the Rekluse LHRB lever mounted above my stock clutch lever and it works great for working the rear brake. I have retained the rear brake foot pedal and use it 95% of the time but the LHRB comes in handy on switchbacks and when I have to dog paddle.

CoKTM

Edited by coktm

Despite the negatives - just installed a Revloc tonight. A buddy had a BNIB one he never got to install on a 2010 KTM. Bought for a fraction of what a new EXP or Z-pro would be, so figured why not. Took a couple of trial and error to get the shimming right, but by the third try, got it spot on. Required a bit more gap than what the specs said, but it was for a 2010 and mine is an '04. Got it on the cusp of engaging. Locks up nicely. Work perfectly.

My initial reaction was - Oh MAN!! It's like cheating!!  lol My buddy has some super tight singletrack as his place, so was able to put it through its paces right away after getting it dialed. I swear it felt like I was able to lap his course twice as fast. No more worrying about the bike stalling, or having to feather the clutch. Autoclutches are all they are claimed to be. Honestly, for someone like who only has a couple years riding under my belt, it feels like cheating. My buddy is an A rider and he swears by them. Puts them in all his bikes. I doubted it at first, but now I'm sold!!

Perfect timing too, as I'm doing my second enduro on Sunday - so this will come in super handy!

Based on your other post it sounds like you have some unique rear brake requirements. I use my clutch lever to control the clutch but with the Rekluse Core I seldom use the clutch lever (I let the Rekluse do its thing and I love it). I have the Rekluse LHRB lever mounted above my stock clutch lever and it works great for working the rear brake. I have retained the rear brake foot pedal and use it 95% of the time but the LHRB comes in handy on switchbacks and when I have to dog paddle.

CoKTM

X2. I rarely use the clutch since installing my EXP2.0.  I do however, use the LHRB all the time

Just installed and used mine today. DO IT. I promise you'll have absolutely zero regret. Top notch quality and works flawless