Where are all the "used" 2007 and up YZ250?

One (2010 model ) is in my garage:p

More seriously, I can see that with the economy nowhere close to be considered as "good", a lot of people are more reluctant to invest a lot of money on new bikes (common sense) and sure values like the YZ and other 2strokes are now staying longer with their owner.

I love my smoker and can't see myself on a thumper but I do not believe in a 2 stroke strong come back.

KTM and Yamaha will keep selling them but I am convinced thumpers are here to stay. (Not saying it's a bad thing)

From my standpoint, the sport is just going to narrow it's audience because of inital cost to get a bike and then to maintain in the long run.

It's been several times already that some guys at the track would ask me if I want to sell my YZ. Never happened with any of my 4 strokes!!!

It took me countless phone calls (and a little bit of help from a good friend) to find mine (only one dealer in the whole Cental FL had some)

One (2010 model ) is in my garage:p

More seriously, I can see that with the economy nowhere close to be considered as "good", a lot of people are more reluctant to invest a lot of money on new bikes (common sense) and sure values like the YZ and other 2strokes are now staying longer with their owner.

I agree, People aren't buying 250 smokers to sell them at a huge loss a year or two later. I will be keeping my 2010 for several years.

The sales of 4-strokes were really smokin' back in '07 & '08, so there were fewer 2-strokes sold new during those years. That means fewer '07 & '08 YZs showing up as used bikes.

Probably easier to get a used '09 & up, but keep looking. Something will pop up.?

Edited by CaptDan
reworded

I will sell mine to anyone who wants it for $4K!!!! I stopped trying to sell any of my bikes as I wont take 3 figures and thats all anyone in the US is willing to pay, its rediculous!

Yes, as far as I know 06+ are exactly the same. Yamaha didnt change anything until this year...

You are correct, the bike market is soooooooooooooft

if you are in a must sell due to family, health, life, then you will take a hit below market

If you are asking 3500 for a bike that KBB gives as EXCELLENT at 3300

good luck.

thing is there are folks that are "asking" 500-1000 MORE than even KBB high retail for that zip code.

you can ask......but you probably wont get - the market just sucks.

guess you just have to hope to be that person that calls first on the bike that you want and the guy just wants it gone -

HR

I will sell mine to anyone who wants it for $4K!!!! I stopped trying to sell any of my bikes as I wont take 3 figures and thats all anyone in the US is willing to pay, its rediculous!

Yes, as far as I know 06+ are exactly the same. Yamaha didnt change anything until this year...

...but I believe that was it 07 (or 06) the last significant change to the front forks and for the bike for that matter?
The YZs received the nice SSS forks in '06, smaller front caliper in '08, a tidier front brakeline guide in '09, and a gold-colored chain in '10 (?), lower compression and bigger silencer in '12.

They were rare in my parts and the one that would show up had an inflated price. So I bought mine 2 hours out of town. The 09 was not the most pristine YZ but the "rarity" of the bike plus I traveled a little ways had me loading it up. Alas, that week THREE 06 and newer YZ250s showed up within 15 minutes of my house. One was ridden 3 times for a total of about 45 minutes!

• Like 1