What years did / do they make KLX450s?

I ride a KX250f and recently saw an 02 KLX450 for sale for $2500. Got me looking. I see a brand new 08 at a dealer for $4699. Good looking bikes. I have a KDX220 also. love that bike for the woods. I'm 50 years old and the KLX450 looks like a great woods bike. I don't see them on Kawi's web site. No longer making them? If not, what year should I look for? Is the $4699 a decent price for a new one? I offered $4000. Haven't heard a response yet.

US models are 2008-2009 only. They share many parts with the 06-08 KX450F. Retail for a new KLX was around $7k. $4700 out the door for a brand new 450F is a really good deal. You will have to do some basic mods to make it run right though. Bone stock they are setup to be california legal, which means they run very lean, overheat, restrictive exhaust, etc. basic mods like a free-flow exhaust, jet kit, and AIS delete will make the bike a LOT more pleasant to ride.

02 klx450 never heard of one.

First model was an 08 delivered in 07 so you sometimes see people saying an 07.But in Australia we are up to a 2012 model but its identical to the first model as for all countries its the same so if you find a 08 (new) and a 09 (new)

dont buy the 09 thinking it will be better cause its newer

Good deal!

I got my 08 new last may for $6000 including all the IL taxes and title BS.

I saw one that was like new (50) miles on it for 3990 the other day. I offered 3000 and no reply. I was wanting a backup. Now the mods I will have to add up exact cost some day, probably another $1000 to make it a perfect woods bike for me.

53/12 sproctets

Renthal R3-2 chain

TM designs slide and guide

RaceTech Springs

Acerbid Rally Pro Handguards

Flatlands Radiator guards

Thumper talk Bash Guard

jet kit

fuel screw

pilot jet

PMB exhaust tip

I picked an 08 klx up last October for $4200 out there door at a dealer ship in Southern California. There are good deals out there. I think they wanted $5000 for an 09 but I got the 08 and agreed to no warranty. Who has ever used a warranty on a dirtbike? Just like Mr. JAT I may have a couple KLX's for sell pretty soon at a great price and oh yeah they have only been lightly raced LOL.

I picked an 08 klx up last October for $4200 out there door at a dealer ship in Southern California. There are good deals out there. I think they wanted $5000 for an 09 but I got the 08 and agreed to no warranty. Who has ever used a warranty on a dirtbike? Just like Mr. JAT I may have a couple KLX's for sell pretty soon at a great price and oh yeah they have only been lightly raced LOL.

I used my warranty and got a new top end. I paid extra so i might as well use it

New stator and re-wire under warranty

That is awesome. I have only heard horror stories about warranty issues.

Depends on the shop and the workshop manager.Also you cant rely on the people that complain about warranties. When i was in the shop last there was a guy going bat shit because his blown engine wasn't covered.Sounded like a fair request until i found out he put his oil filter in backwards and starved the motor of oil.

These are the type of guys that will get online and talk down warranties just because their either too proud/retarded to take it on the chin for their mistake.

Oh yeah and the c@#k head who wanted his brake pads replaced cause he wore them out.

Theres always two sides to all stories.

P.S and some shops are just a pack of @#$%

That is awesome. I have only heard horror stories about warranty issues.

Me too.

And with my own personal experiences owning a Husky (sorry a bit off topic - but to note my point). 3 times I asked about parts being repaired/replaced due to issues (NOT due to normal wear and tear, or crashing)... and the dealer told me; "NO, I know what your doing with this bike..." (I had been pre-running for the 2007 Baja 500 - I fixed the bike, and sold it. Owned it for no more than 6 months)