Sign in to follow this  

Wiring in a lighter adapter

Hey guys, i had a bad trip out to the desert where i tore the bike down and started tracing wires. I noticed two bare wires just sitting there and bundled into some electrical tape (Thanks previous owner!). They're up behind the headlamp gaurd. They don't seem to do anything though. I was wondering if these are for some european export similar to the extra wires found on a KLR650. If so can i wire in a cigarette lighter adapter?

the stator will not handle the extra wattage, it is only 35watts, you will need to up grade the stator, call ricky stator he can fix you up with a 70 watt stator,

Hey guys, i had a bad trip out to the desert where i tore the bike down and started tracing wires. I noticed two bare wires just sitting there and bundled into some electrical tape (Thanks previous owner!). They're up behind the headlamp gaurd. They don't seem to do anything though. I was wondering if these are for some european export similar to the extra wires found on a KLR650. If so can i wire in a cigarette lighter adapter?

I have no extra wiring on my bike. It has to be added from the last owner. Check them for voltage. Running and Not running. Maybe they had hot grips or they were for a gps.

I have no extra wiring on my bike. It has to be added from the last owner. Check them for voltage. Running and Not running. Maybe they had hot grips or they were for a gps.

Probably a good guess~:lol: