Sign in to follow this  

When does KTM "usually" release updated Plastics to purchase for New Model Years?

Hey all...

Still considering some mods for my brand new 12 KTM300XC I bought last week and one of them is plastics.

When does KTM "typically" release or make available new plastics for new updated models in different colors ?

I realize that the shrouds and front fender are 99.99% likely the same between the '11 and '12 KTM300XC models .... but I am unsure about the AIRBOX COVERS and rear fender being the same. If anybody can shed light that would help.

Since KTM updated the airbox design on the 2012 XC300 model, I am "guessing" that the covers designed for the '11 model will not fit?

Anybody know?

The reason I am asking is because I am considering a different bike color and would really like to be able to buy either black or white airbox covers. In a perfect world directly from KTM rather than outside manufacturers (ie Acerbis which I do not think has the same quality).

None of the websites are showing airbox panels (left and right) available for the 2012 model in black or white colors. Only showing the '11 model year.

Any help or "best guesses" based on previous experience would be welcomed.:lol:

My 2011 250XC has 2011 250F air box covers on it. The difference is the notch for the compression adjuster isn't in the correct place on mine, but on yours it would be spot on due to the linkage and different shock angle than mine. I am also of the belief there isn't any difference in the fender.

If you look closely at all your plastic you will find the name Acerbis stamped somewhere on most every piece. I would think the Acerbis replacement would be the exact same stuff they supply to KTM.

I put an orange rear fender and fork guards on my 11' 150sx as soon as I bought it. I got them at the same time as I got the bike. It looks much better without the white plastic on it. Go orange and you will never go back!

If you look closely at all your plastic you will find the name Acerbis stamped somewhere on most every piece. I would think the Acerbis replacement would be the exact same stuff they supply to KTM.

My 06 oem plastics are acerbis. I believe my 09 oem plastics are polisport.

I put an orange rear fender and fork guards on my 11' 150sx as soon as I bought it. I got them at the same time as I got the bike. It looks much better without the white plastic on it. Go orange and you will never go back!

Did the same here. Orange and black all the way. :lol: My plastics are made by Polisport.