Sign in to follow this  

IMS 4.0 or ?

I crunched a rad and am thinking about getting a bigger gas tank with builtin shrouds to profect the rads, since I already wanted a bigger tank.

Is the IMS 4.0 my best option for an 06 400S ?

Get a set of RAD protectors.

IMHO a better bet than just a bigger tank. With that said, I have rad protectors and a clarke 3.9. Work great together.

I know...:banghead:

I just hate to spend $100 on those. "Tis the season"....money's going be tight after Santa strolls through town again. The fat bastard sure is an expensive lie! Why couldn't he have been a "low budget" guy like the Easter Bunny???!! :lol:

Uh, I mean "I just love the holidays, and all the warm togetherness and family times." :)

Get a set of RAD protectors.

IMHO a better bet than just a bigger tank. With that said, I have rad protectors and a clarke 3.9. Work great together.

Does that tank change the seat at all? The pics look like it pushes the nose way up.

have a look at the 17 litre safari tank

outstanding rad protection at the sides

+1 and they work with the unabiker radiator guards for ultimate protection.

If you're patient you may find one used on here, advrider, or eBay. I got mine super super cheap here. There are no fitment issues like many other tanks. Robust construction and holds the weight low.

Does that tank change the seat at all? The pics look like it pushes the nose way up.

Not sure, to be honest. When I bought the bike, it had an aftermarket SDG tall seat on it, with the Clarke 3.9. I have the original tank and seat, but have never bothered to put them on for comparison.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=95714

I've put the original suzuki yellow radiator shrouds back on instead of the white ones in the photo, added a rack, and am about to replace the taillight assy with an Edge, but that's it so far. The SDG tall with the 3.9 is a great combo, and pretty level front to back, as you can see.