Sign in to follow this  

Air Filter

I been looking at the K&N Air filter and the Twin air filters and i want to know witch one would be better to go with Or if anybody knows of any other kind of air filter that is better then these that would be a real good help.

I personally don't prefer a KandN filter for offroad applications. This has been debated several times on here. Click on this link, and you'll get opinions from many others on this site regarding this matter. I run a flow filter on mine, and have been very happy with it. It comes with two foam pre-filters as well, and is very convenient while camping, or on long dusty rides. I just keep the extra oiled in a ziplock bag and swap the prefilter out when it gets dirty.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=12804586

I run a flow filter on mine
What's a flow filter?

I tried Google and it was no help at all...

ive used twin air as well as uni air on my bikes with no problems, currently am using uni's on my bikes but i have a couple twin airs laying around that i used to use, keep them as spares now

You will get differing opinions but...I would never use a K&N on an off road machine. I have personally seen the fine layer of dust in the intake tract on three different dirt bikes. I have always used Twin Air filters on all my bikes and quads. Never had a single issue with them. I have a couple for each bike and rotate them out. I have worked on a couple bikes for friends, some of which had K&N filters. On removing the filter every one had a very fine layer of dust in the intake tract. Yes it was fine dust, but dust none the less. Some people love them. As for me? No way would I use them.