Sign in to follow this  

Washington Rip rmc

Dear RMC Customers,

Renton Motorcycles sadly announces that it has fallen victim to the troublesome economy and has shut its doors. It has been a great honor to serve you and the powersports community. The staff at RMC would like to thank you for the years of patronage, the friendships we made, and the trust you put in us.

We will have limited staff on hand for the next few weeks so you will be able to pick up your special order parts, cancel you pre-paid maintenance contracts, cash in your RMC gift cards and retrieve your bikes out of service. Please contact us at rmcreception@rentonmotorcycles.com or call us at 425.226.4320.

Take the time to get out and ride and hope to see you on the road.

--RMC Staff.

you guys blowing out inventory or anything? sorry to hear you guys are calling it quits. time to ride!

Nope... they just closed and locked the doors and employee's :lol:

Dear RMC Customers,

Renton Motorcycles sadly announces that it has fallen victim to the troublesome economy and has shut its doors. It has been a great honor to serve you and the powersports community. The staff at RMC would like to thank you for the years of patronage, the friendships we made, and the trust you put in us.

We will have limited staff on hand for the next few weeks so you will be able to pick up your special order parts, cancel you pre-paid maintenance contracts, cash in your RMC gift cards and retrieve your bikes out of service. Please contact us at rmcreception@rentonmotorcycles.com or call us at 425.226.4320.

Take the time to get out and ride and hope to see you on the road.

--RMC Staff.

Tough deal and in a slow economy which we have, bikes move down on the priority list. Its tough out there. Sorry to hear about about that. Now staff will need to look for jobs at a time when there is so few of them out there.

yup it sucks. I think it has alot to do with the overall lamphere network. The cars are having it tough too so the first fat to trim is the toy store.

Hopefully the owners have a plan.

cut their losses. The owners are the Bob Lamphere network and has piles of resources ($$$) but have been bleeding money for a while. Same situation at Beaverton Honda which has a less than stellar reputation. They are sucking wind as well. Seems the smaller smart shops that care are doing well right now as the competition drops off. the big flashy car salesmen shops seems to be dying quick as they never build loyalty. RMC was liked by quite a few though it seems.

cut their losses. The owners are the Bob Lamphere network and has piles of resources ($$$) but have been bleeding money for a while. Same situation at Beaverton Honda which has a less than stellar reputation. They are sucking wind as well. Seems the smaller smart shops that care are doing well right now as the competition drops off. the big flashy car salesmen shops seems to be dying quick as they never build loyalty. RMC was liked by quite a few though it seems.

It's been all down hill since the indoor track and bar went away :lol:

I agree though. These 'Superstore' business models always seemed unsustainable to me. Strange that the Japanese allowed for that...they usually run a lean dealership network with cars.

Part of the issue is that Corporate wanted to combine the Renton motorcycle and automobile businesses onto the E Valley properties that are owned by the corporation. The Honda Auto Dealership location on GradyWay is leased property. Honda nixed that proposal as it is against their Dealership policys of no mixed brand product lines at combined Auto/Motorcycle/OPE dealerships. Plus combined dealerships must have a certain style, to fit Honda's marketing/branding program.

A little blurb:

http://www.tukwilareporter.com/news/134707253.html

RMC was liked by quite a few though it seems.

Got into off-road instead of mx because of them so I could get some sponsorship. Met quite a few riders I now consider friends through them as well. Despite what people say, I was treated well when I did shop there.

I always appreciated that they let us use their parking lot to meet and truck pool for the day. Never bought a bike from them (came close on a Beta once).

Hate to admit it, but I think a lot of other dealers would be gone now too if it weren't for quad and side by side sales.

Yeah. That does suck big time. But you know, at least 90% of time I went there for parts (or anywhere else locally for that matter), I got the same answer... "we'll need to order that for you". So why waste your time going to the dealer and order things yourself? I'm sure I'm not the only one doing just that. The ONLY place locally that I never got that answer from was High Gear... sure miss them.

Yeah. That does suck big time. But you know, at least 90% of time I went there for parts (or anywhere else locally for that matter), I got the same answer... "we'll need to order that for you". So why waste your time going to the dealer and order things yourself? I'm sure I'm not the only one doing just that. The ONLY place locally that I never got that answer from was High Gear... sure miss them.

I sure miss High Gear too!!! I had inventory on hand because I knew what to stock. But I rode KTMs for years before opening High Gear. Dealers simply don't have staff that know what they are doing so customer service sucks. Its going to be very hard for big dealers to survive. The motorcyle industry is in a bad place right now and I don't see it changing any time soon. More dealers will close. Over head is what killed High Gear. Not enough money coming in to support the shop. I had over $500,000 in inventory alone a big commitment. When the housing market took a dump I was having $200.00 gross days when I needed or $2,000. You can bleed for so long then you have to call it quits.

Sorry about RMC I feel their pain.

Edited by ktmfred300
  • Like 1

I sure miss High Gear too!!! I had inventory on hand because I knew what to stock. But I rode KTMs for years before opening High Gear. Dealers simply don't have staff that know what they are doing so customer service sucks. Its going to be very hard for big dealers to survive. The motorcyle industry is in a bad place right now and I don't see it changing any time soon. More dealers will close. Over head is what killed High Gear. Not enough money coming in to support the shop. I had over $500,000 in inventory alone a big commitment. When the housing market took a dump I was having $200.00 gross days when I needed or $2,000. You can bleed for so long then you have to call it quits.

Sorry about RMC I feel their pain.

Fred hit it on the head. :lol:

Somehow this country told itself "ya don't have to be a trucker to run a trucking company"....yeah right! How's that workin out? How many of you have a boss that could not, or would not ever be able to do your job?

People somehow focus on exceptions to the rule...when adherance to the rule is what got us to the top.