Sign in to follow this  

1972 SL100 Original 709miles!!!!

Does anyone have a clue what this bike is worth? It is a near mint condition bike, excluding a dent in the tank and perhaps some other dings which probably happened during storage. The bike is green/yellow and all original. I can post pics later (I know I hate when people say that too) when the tank and seat are back on.

Thanks Guys/Gals

Down pipe?

Definitely worth something.

Depends on the condition.

I know the mini trails are worth 2-2500 in good condition.

I remember my bud toodling around So-Cal on a blue one back in the 70's.

Thanks everybody, I'm just getting the bike in running condition but the owner has a $3000 figure in his head. Oh well, maybe he'll get eventually.

Thanks everybody, I'm just getting the bike in running condition but the owner has a $3000 figure in his head. Oh well, maybe he'll get eventually.

If it was a 1970 SL100 in mint condition, he might get that kind of money. The '72 probably won't bring it.

BTW, there was a recent thread about a barn find '72. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011385

Edited by CamP

Probably $1200. An SL100 is a nice bike but too low to ground for a Vintage racer. Put SL125 forks, front wheel and rear wheel on and you have a nice bike. I have one fixed as a racer and a 1971 that I fixed up and quickly found that I was bottoming on every root and rock on the trail. I am keeping that one original and mostly for street use and as a collectable.

The one I picked up is candy blue, but I a making it into a tortoise green one. :-) neat little putter bikes.