Sign in to follow this  

2011 crf250r

Does the 2011 CRF 250 have the same problem with leaking injectors and cranks going as the 2010 did?

I really want to buy one, but not if thats the case......

Does the 2011 CRF 250 have the same problem with leaking injectors and cranks going as the 2010 did?

I really want to buy one, but not if thats the case......

The crank issue is gone. whatever the problem was it was kept under wraps and its fixed. I think a few guys had leaky injectors but its a characteristic of FI in general. All makes issues. Both my 2011s were good. I honestly cant say enough about how great my 2011s are. Its a great bike youll be happy with it.

It's very rare to hear about it like the 2010 which was not real common, but moreso than the 11 or 12. I'm looking into a 12 myself right now. I really want to stick with the 450's, but my kid wants another 250. He's actually faster on the 250 in my opinion but I don't have to rebuild the 450 nearly as often. Honda needs a 350!

It's very rare to hear about it like the 2010 which was not real common, but moreso than the 11 or 12. I'm looking into a 12 myself right now. I really want to stick with the 450's, but my kid wants another 250. He's actually faster on the 250 in my opinion but I don't have to rebuild the 450 nearly as often. Honda needs a 350!

How often did you have to do the top end, and crank on your 2011 250R?

I didn't have an 11. Had an 08 250 and it went roughly 30 hrs on a crank give or take a few. I just picked up a 12 450 about a week ago. We can get 70-100 hrs on a crank unlike the 250. It really has to do with the way the bike is ridden and the maintenance. My kid bangs the 250 off the limiter. It's not healthy for them. Not as bad as Barcia luckily!

I didn't have an 11. Had an 08 250 and it went roughly 30 hrs on a crank give or take a few. I just picked up a 12 450 about a week ago. We can get 70-100 hrs on a crank unlike the 250. It really has to do with the way the bike is ridden and the maintenance. My kid bangs the 250 off the limiter. It's not healthy for them. Not as bad as Barcia luckily!

30 hours?? jeez I hope I can get more hours out of a crank than that! lol

Well just replaced all internals on our '10 crf 250 at 122 hrs. We just replaced the crank cause we thought that was enough time on any crank.