Sign in to follow this  

Need help removing starter

I'm trying to get the starter out of my 06 250x. I have lifted the sub frame out of the way. I found 2 bolts on the shifter side and removed them. I found a 7mm bolt on the brake side and removed it. ... The electric starter wiggles a bit, but not enough that I thimk it will come out. I would really appreciate any advise on what to do next.

You dont have to remove the cylinder to get the starter off.

IIRC the way I did it was to disconnect the clutch cable at the bottom, so the clutch cable and its bracket could be moved out of the way and then removed the cam chain tensioner. Of course disconnect the batt lead from the starter also.

You dont have to remove the cylinder to get the starter off.

IIRC the way I did it was to disconnect the clutch cable at the bottom, so the clutch cable and its bracket could be moved out of the way and then removed the cam chain tensioner. Of course disconnect the batt lead from the starter also.

+1,it is tight but it comes out:thumbsup:Hope ur just changeing it or god no you gonna open a can of worms haveing a x with no e start:p:smirk:

It does need replacing, as with as the gear it drives. I can't aford to do it till after Christmas, so i'll be kicking for a while.

LonnieWithASoreFoot

It does need replacing, as with as the gear it drives. I can't aford to do it till after Christmas, so i'll be kicking for a while.

LonnieWithASoreFoot

Mine has no starter/starter clutch/conecting gears/wiring/battery as i use for mx only bike:smirk:My bike starts second kick every time hot/cold easy:ride:

Mine has no starter/starter clutch/conecting gears/wiring/battery as i use for mx only bike:smirk:My bike starts second kick every time hot/cold easy:ride:

I have to be honest-at the risk of getting ridiculed-the electrical starting aparatus on our bike has mostly all been removed also, but kick starting the thing really isnt a problem.:lol:

I already know this goes against what so many others believe to be the best thing about a x model bike.:)

[/b]

I have to be honest-at the risk of getting ridiculed-the electrical starting aparatus on our bike has mostly all been removed also, but kick starting the thing really isnt a problem.:lol:

I already know this goes against what so many others believe to be the best thing about a x model bike.:banghead:

:cheers::)