Sign in to follow this  

Need some help identifying

Sorry if this is something obvious, im fairly new to these bikes and its not obvious to me.

So i went to check my bike out after letting my buddy borrow it this weekend(i know, i know) and when i started it i started getting some smoke, so i took it outside and realized there was some oil of some sort on the header. I seem to trace it to this filter looking thing that is tucked right behind the frame. Right side, super hard to see but i got the best picture i could of it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

amtvkn.jpg

Looks like oil may be leaking from the drain tube hose that comes from your head cover and vents to the air box.

Your buddy wrung the motor out to top RPM, which causes oil to seep out the crank/valve cover vent. Then it drips on stuff.

Could see this. They were doing high speed desert stuff. Barstow to Baker to Laughlin.

Is this something i should take in and have checked out or should it be ok?

Could see this. They were doing high speed desert stuff. Barstow to Baker to Laughlin.

Is this something i should take in and have checked out or should it be ok?

Change your oil now. You loose 10-35cc of oil (which is a good percentage) when this happens.

That seems wrong, the stock vent goes to the airbox and into the hose by the starter for draining. It shouldn't drip on anything. See if you have the vent catch hose full and drain it.

That seems wrong, the stock vent goes to the airbox and into the hose by the starter for draining. It shouldn't drip on anything. See if you have the vent catch hose full and drain it.

It comes off at the top if it gets full, from pressure.

It comes off at the top if it gets full, from pressure.

That's a lot of shit coming out of the head, even with a lot of wide open track use on my 450R it hardly ever requires draining.

Replaced my gas tank today. Noticed them when i pulled the tank, got worried for a second then realized my bike has ran flawlessly since i got it. assuming these are just breather tubes?photo3-2.jpg

One is transmission vent the other looks like previous owner installed oil filter as a crank breather outlet. Check if the airbox side where this vent goes stock is plugged, it probably is.