Sign in to follow this  

Aluminum Frame Conversion

This is not about a traditional cr500 conversion. This is about a AF conversion on a yamaha yz250. I was wondering if it would work. lol. To do it I have a 1991 yamaha yz250 that i would like to convert. do i need to get a yz250f frame or do i need a cr250, cr125, crf250r frame? would the engine fit? And how much money do you think i would need to compete all this?

P.S. sorry if this sounds stupid

just doin it for the fun of it? I can't see how the aluminum frame will be an upgrade?

it wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade per say but i think it would make the bike look sooo much nicer.

You do realize the YZ250 switched to an aluminum frame in 2005? And that it's still the same engine?

Well im looking for a box frame like they have on the CR's.

Well im looking for a box frame like they have on the CR's.
So it's not the aluminum you want, it's the perimeter design. Well different strokes for different folks I guess, I personally hate how difficult those frames make servicing things like the carb.

I agree before with my 97 cr125 the carb would come off by loosening the hose clamps. Now with my 02 it is easier to take off the subframe and tank just to access it.