Sign in to follow this  

what are you going to your bike during the off season?

what are you plans for the off season? what are you doing to your bike?

im rebuilding both my yzf's and new plastics and sticker kit and a good full on clean up. you?

New valves, piston for sure. After tear down determine if it needs further internal. New grips, new handguards, and a set of hot cams. Other then that, routine things that the manual will tell you to check. All linkages inspected and greased, and all other bearings, tighten spokes etc.... Your manual will tell you everything you want to check.

EDIT: slipped my mind til I read intesem's post, cam chain!

Off season? What is this off season thing you speak of? Ride all year round!!

lol, i was just about to ask the same question.

As long as there is no ice, I'm riding:ride: or maybe make a set of studded tires so i can ride on the ice.

Yes, race season is over. But the serious trail / rock riding in Arkansas takes place in the winter. My '08 YZ290F-WR is ready and my 03' YZ265 2-stroke will be ready this weekend (finally!!!). I'm also going to play with 10.5" suspension travel (with revalve) on the 265; looking for a little advantage in the really tight, rocky, rooty sections which we have a lot of.

My bike is getting suspension re-valve/spring, new piston, cylinder plating, bearing replacement or re-packing, brake pads, bleed lines, auto clutch, plastics, graphics, gas tank, stabilizer, fat bars etc.

Pretty much the full treatment. Just bought the bike so its getting a complete over haul. The only thing i have not figured out if I am going to do is a bottom end re-build.

There is no off season for us. If were not racing we are at least practicing. And if it snows we just pack up and head north to go snowboarding haha. But since I just blew the crank on my 06 were gonna rebuild that and possibly get a 2010 frame and plastics to make it look like a newer bike since we just got some spare money. Maybe get one of those nice new 2012 39mm carbs...Depends on how much money we still have.

Since our area will be getting moisture after many months of dryslick and silt, I'll put some new tires on. The deserts south of town are great sandy trails with some steep rocky climbs.

Off season! There is no offseason! This is the fun season. No racing so it's just relaxing practice, mx and heading south for the first couple national enduros. I'll have to find some time to freshen up the suspension and probably put a new top end in as I already have 50 hours on the 290 and hope to put on that at least that much this winter.

where im from in australia its to dry and dusty to ride the summer (now). i normally just after after it rains

Check valve clearances, grease all bearings and install Trail Tech Striker computer to replace the odometer that has never worked since I owned the bike.

Edited by acormier7
typo

No offseason here in South Texas either , so just regular maintnance , and ride !!!