Sign in to follow this  

trying on the 74

made this today, trying to do some balance drills on it. stopping right at the base and trying to stop on the top with my skid plate. kinda hard on this older trials bike but its still supper fun!!! started to rain and got super slick. was gonna make a quick video to see how im doing, and maybe get some feed back, but maybe later this week.

2011-11-29_14-44-35_964.jpg

One of those is on my "to make" list and I almost have enough Home Depot "cull" lumber to make one! Also have plans for a See Saw that I'm going to make over the winter that will Really test my skills and nerve.:lol::)

i made a see saw, not to special though just a long 2x10 on the biggest log round i could find. i wanna redo one though make it bigger and out of a 2x6, i made this one the first week i had this bike, supper fun though

2011-05-20_18-08-22_150.jpg

2011-05-23_15-00-54_610.jpg

also this bridge thing, fun to try to stop for a while right in front of the log round and try to get up and wheelie over it.

Very nice! I love seeing pictures of homemade obstacles. I need to get off my butt and build some, but this daylight wasting time is really cutting down on my riding time and motivation to do anything.

I need to get off my butt and build some, but this daylight wasting time is really cutting down on my riding time and motivation to do anything.

hahaha i know how you feel man, it gets dark at 4 30 where im at

Ugh yeah, it's 4:27 and dark right now:banghead:

Today I finally got the nerve to tackle some of the big stumps we have in the forest. Who would have thought stumps could be so much fun! I must have spent 15 minutes just going over a big one (about 2 foot high but it had a pretty good lump around the base). It took me one or two tries, but then I was scaling it on only the back wheel!... Then I started to wear off some of the dirt and moss and it became unbelievably slick. I couldn't get over it with out the back wheel slipping so I called it quits before I broke my tailbone!

Then I felt good enough to try going over some plywood stacks that we had laying around, one of them was setup just like a see saw! the only problem is this stuff is slicker than ice! The first time I tried I almost got over the see saw but went over the edge at the end. The second time I couldn't even get enough traction to get up on it!

I'm going to have to get creative this winter! I bet a pallet setup like you made would have pretty good grip compared to a plain sheet, I should give it a try!

yea it does have pretty good traction, after im done playing on it i just set it up on edge so the nights due and rain doesn't get on it and freeze. all this playing around on my TY really make me wanna get a modern day trials bike! i would try so much more stuff, i have deck out my rmz pretty well for enduro cross type bike and woods bike so much that all the stuff i can to around my house on my ty, i can do on my rmz.

i need to save up some more cash and just pull the trigger! haha

I just realized that the stumps were probably getting more slick because the sun was going down and the moisture was probably freezing on them. At the time I couldn't figure out why I was getting so much worse!:)

The only problem with getting a newer trials bike is that nobody has them! I had to drive like 6 hours one way into Montana to pick mine up! Where in Washington are you? There's a 2010 Sherco 2.9 on craigslist over in Moses Lake.

It's been proven many times that a good trials rider makes a good enduro rider! That's one of the reasons I went and got my trials bike. Cross training has really helped my offroad game on the YZ! I've spent the last two weeks doing 15 or so minutes a day on the trials bike indoors just practicing balance and front wheel hopping. I was quite pleased with my progress when I hopped on the YZ and managed to balance for a good minute or so. I even managed to hop the front wheel a few times!:lol:

im north of Seattle about an hour. Arlington, Stanwood area. and i know now no one has trials bikes, but when i got to the local Orv park more and more i see people out there on trials bike, i have talk to a couple of guys out there and on this site about it.

Also that's exactly what im trying to do to cross train for my rmz. i love that technical stuff. im evening trying to get a 18in wheel on my rmz so i can get a trials tire. and all the top enduro riders have a huge trials back ground, Taddy b, Geoff Arron, Kyle Redmond. i wish i was stared on trials lol.

but i have had that ty since April or so and i ride at least 4 time a week. doing balancing stuff and logs hopes and what ever else you can do on that old bike. i have looked at Craigslist before and i need to save more money haha if i starting looking now ill drive my self crazy! lol

Ugh yeah, it's 4:27 and dark right now:banghead:

I shouldn't be complaining, I get 45 minutes more daylight in the evening than you guys. It's still dark when i get off though. We did find a fallen pine tree that's across a trail this week, which means i get a new obstacle to practice on and don't have to build anything!

im north of Seattle about an hour. Arlington, Stanwood area. and i know now no one has trials bikes, but when i got to the local Orv park more and more i see people out there on trials bike, i have talk to a couple of guys out there and on this site about it.

Also that's exactly what im trying to do to cross train for my rmz. i love that technical stuff. im evening trying to get a 18in wheel on my rmz so i can get a trials tire. and all the top enduro riders have a huge trials back ground, Taddy b, Geoff Arron, Kyle Redmond. i wish i was stared on trials lol.

but i have had that ty since April or so and i ride at least 4 time a week. doing balancing stuff and logs hopes and what ever else you can do on that old bike. i have looked at Craigslist before and i need to save more money haha if i starting looking now ill drive my self crazy! lol

Well Seattle CL has a 2007 280 TXT pro, but it ain't cheap. Back when I was looking, Skagit powersports had a few up, but they wanted a bunch for them, too. Even their "Get into trials cheap!" one was way over what they were going for in the classifieds.

Hopefully 2Ply will chime in, I'm pretty sure he is south east of you and he might know someone that has a good used bike for sale.

I also wish I had started when I was younger! All the pros talk about how they started riding when they were like 8 or younger! Oh well, I guess I just have to try and make up for all that lost time by enjoying it more!

there out there for sure, its just the funding that's the problem lol, every time i go north of Skagit i try to stop in on my way back but even then there kinda spendy. and i bet 2ply would know somebody, i actually talked to him on here before about my ty and later i ran in to him on the trails on my big bike unknowingly tell we were back in camp and we saw him again then i found out lol it was kinda weird and funny, ended up talking to him for a while.

but i just gotta wait this one out unfortunately

Well, let me know if you're ever in the north ID area and you can try out my 315!

Well, let me know if you're ever in the north ID area and you can try out my 315!

hey i'm gonna hold you to that hahah :lol: