Sign in to follow this  

trading my rm250 for crf250r.good deal???

Hey guys I have a 2005 RM250 that was my hare scramble race bike this past season. It has the full off road treatment everything from suspension to foot pegs to auto clutch. All in very good shape and ready to ride, fresh motor with 210psi of compression.

I have a guy trying to trade me a 2007 crf250r that stock with a few guards and excel wheels and billet excel hubs. He is the original owner bought new in 2010 as a left over. The bike is in very good shape, needs rear wheel bearings that's it. Starts first kick cold and runs very well with a slight bog off idle if you wack the throttle wide open fast. Im sure it jetting related with the colder weather. He really wants my rm and we negotiated that he would trade me the honda plus $200 for my RM250.

Need some advice, is this a good deal. If so what do you think the bikes are worth. :lol:

Thanks!

I think that since you are using the bike for hare scrambles you would want the light ness of the 2-stroke right? But I think you have to much into your bike to only get $200 especially since his bike is only 2 years newer. To make the CRF250r off road ready you would need to give it the full off road treatment, which i would think costs more than $200. But at the end of the day it is your money. Good luck with your decision

Im not going to be using the CRF for off road. either just going to sell it or use it for a MX bike. I already have my hare scramble race bike for next year 2008 ktm 300xc.

Oh OK then if it is for MX I would get it. Or sell it, you could make more on the 250f then the RM250. Oh and good luck next year

I hate to sell the RM because I love the bike so much, but I don't need two bike prepped for the exact same thing.

well i ended up trading my 2005 RM250 for his 2007 crf250r plus a few dollars. I think its going to work out in my favor. the crf is CLEAN, was bought new from the dealer in 2009 so its only got 2 years of riding on it, and according to this kid it wasn't ridden by his brother at all the first season. Stock plastics and honda graphics are in perfect shape, and this think is in sweet shape.

I may just have to keep this bike for a season to ride the MX track as practice for hare scrambles.