Sign in to follow this  

1996 honda xr200 lights?

If the XR already has a battery and stator that can run lights, I would look around at XR's or XL's with lights and log the bike's make and year. then I would watch ebay for the parts and fabricate. If you don't have a stator with lighting capability, it's more work. If you have a stator, you could call somewhere like Ricky stator and ask about an upgraded stator for running lights, but IMO it's not trivial to make it all work well. RS and other companies have after-market lights and may have advice.

The 96 XR200R has a 100watt alternator so all you need to add is an AC regulator and the lights, unless you are going to really high power stuff then you may need an upgraded stator. I put lights on a XR200R using the Trailtech AC regulator, I also plated a XR200R and used the rectifier/regulator to provide DC for the horn.

If you intend to make it street legal your state may require turn signals and a horn which will require DC power; just swap out the AC regulator for a DC rectifier/regulator. Trail Tech has both along with tech info.