Sign in to follow this  

1995 DR650SE has started vibrating (even at idle)

Just saw answer addressed in prior thread. Txs.

Edited by montjack

But if you are not going to delete the thread we should put in a bit more info for the guy searching this thread title...

Likely your counter balance chain is too loose and the counter balance has skipped a tooth placing it out of time. Suggested inspection/adjustment interval is 3500 miles in the service manual.

But if you are not going to delete the thread we should put in a bit more info for the guy searching this thread title...

Likely your counter balance chain is too loose and the counter balance has skipped a tooth placing it out of time. Suggested inspection/adjustment interval is 3500 miles in the service manual.

mx_rob, your suggestion to him prompted me to look through the service manual and I could not find info on the counter balance chain. Could you tell me where it is in the manual? I'm at 6200 mi. and haven't checked that yet(not even sure I could:smirk:). Not a m/c mechanic. Thanks. rc.

mx_rob, your suggestion to him prompted me to look through the service manual and I could not find info on the counter balance chain. Could you tell me where it is in the manual? I'm at 6200 mi. and haven't checked that yet(not even sure I could:smirk:). Not a m/c mechanic. Thanks. rc.

Looks like you have an 09 DR650... so you don't have a counter balance chain to adjust. 96 and up DR650's have maintenance free gear driven counter balancers. :lol: