Sign in to follow this  

oneal element boots!

ok i know there have been post about these boots but none have given me what i am looking for. ok, so i can get oneal element boots, brand new 2012 for like 70$ are they worth it? i am like a b rider. practice i can keep up with b riders and i can battle with my buddy who is 30+a champ. i am looking to put in a full race season for points this year. so... i wear sidi crossfires (oldstyle) i have been using them for maybe about a full good seasons riding worth, they are blown out and the hinge is broke. i ride usually once or more a week. (just a little background info) so does anyone about my level of riding own these element boots or know how long they might last me and if they are worth the cash? i was gonna get sg 10s, (i know waaaaayyyy better boot) but i can get these oneals for cheap.. just wondering. don't hold back lol

i feel like if i can shift them, they don't hurt my feet, i wont break my ankle and the last me a whole season they are worth 70$ but would just like to hear anyone experience with them

Had a pair for a couple months sold them for 25 bucks. I got the better part of that deal. Now have sg10s and would never have anything else.

yeah well that helps alot, just gonna go with sg10s and not worry lol. it was just cuz i could get them so cheap so i figured what the hell give them a shot. but from the sounds of it its a waste of time. thanks fellas!

i had them as my first boot, they work better than riding in work boots, but i had rocks puncture them and hurt my foot a few times (none of this was in a crash, just had my foot hit things on the trail. if i wasn't wearing the boot, it would have been real bad, instead it hurt just a bit. the elements are a good boot for someone just starting who doen't know if they'll like riding, but after they make the decision to stick with it, get a better boot, i got a pair of sidi chargers off ebay for $130

lol well i tore my sidi crossfires up in like a year... like they are baaadd... and i took good care of them too, so i think its safe to say these boots wouldnt stand a chance on my feet.. def going with the sg10s i cant wait to get them. hear nothing but amzing things about these boots nothing bad!:lol:

I had a pair of the Oneal Element Piston boots. Lasted less than a year before the stitching on the rubber flap inside the boot started to come out. One puddle or stream crossing and my foot was completely soaked. I am no "B" rider by any stretch, but even as a relative beginner, they didn't last.

I picked up a pair of Gaerne SG12's used and absolutely love them. Obviously, way more ankle support. In fact, I went down in a hare scramble this past May. It was the 1st race I had run wearing the SG12's. Partially tore a ligament in my ankle. But I know without a doubt that had I been wearing the Oneal's, I would have broken my ankle.

I now understand the benefit of high-quality boots and will never go back to the cheap ones. Gaerne all the way!

I just broke my fibula when I hit a tree branch sticking out on the trail. The bruising made my entire foot and ankle look like a purple sock, but my Fox Comp5 boot saved me from worse injury.

Step up to decent boots. The Fox's are only $170, and worth every penny.

Had a pair for a couple months sold them for 25 bucks. I got the better part of that deal. Now have sg10s and would never have anything else.

exactly what i did... after spending 4 weeks in an ortho boot ...

sg10's are awesome..

call me what u want but i am not a fan of fox and will never buy anything fox, i just dont wanna be that fox guy.. its a long story lol... but i have had good boots for awhile now. my sidis are amazing boots i am not trying to knock them. they really are great they have saved me more times then i can remember. cased a 100 some foot double at this kids CRAAAZY private track and smashed my face on the bars and bent my ankles nasty bad in the sidis. ankles were sore for a few days and pop now, but coulda been way worse jump was nasty big... lol. but yes i cant wait to get some sg10s i cant find a negative word about them online! also hear they last awhile! good boots really are a must i know this. but being tight on cash and the cheap price of them elements had me wondering.. i mean they look good... but guess there not lol. thanks for all the help fellas! :lol:

call me what u want but i am not a fan of fox and will never buy anything fox, i just dont wanna be that fox guy.. its a long story lol... but i have had good boots for awhile now. my sidis are amazing boots i am not trying to knock them. they really are great they have saved me more times then i can remember. cased a 100 some foot double at this kids CRAAAZY private track and smashed my face on the bars and bent my ankles nasty bad in the sidis. ankles were sore for a few days and pop now, but coulda been way worse jump was nasty big... lol. but yes i cant wait to get some sg10s i cant find a negative word about them online! also hear they last awhile! good boots really are a must i know this. but being tight on cash and the cheap price of them elements had me wondering.. i mean they look good... but guess there not lol. thanks for all the help fellas! :lol:

Since I have several pairs, I'll throw a CON or two on the SG10...they are bulky, heavier than others, and the toe plates aren't as good as the SG12. They leak water more than my Sidi Crossfires...and I can't think of anything else. They are still my favorite boot. :)

just tryin to be real.

^ thanks its kinda nice to hear something not perfect about time, i did actually hear they are heavy and bluky now that u say that

+1 on the Thor Quadrant for a cheap boot. Can you say metal buckles? Any boot with plactic buckles will make you wish you hadent bought them. While the Thors are a bit more than most "cheap boots" they are well worth the extra coin. Best value in boots. Fairly quick break in,good protection & fit & mine have lasted as long as many higher priced boots.